I have a fender starcaster, it's my first guitar but I play the hell out of it. The 6 string is starting to vibrate terribly. What's going on?
Thanks- amy
If its just a little fret buzz it may be because of a change in the weather/ humidity or you may want to change the string and see if your neck is still straight. If you really just cant figure it out take it up to you local shop or someone who is good with instruments to look at it
Yertle the Turtle was king of the pond.
A nice little pond. It was clean. It was neat.
The water was warm. There was plenty to eat.
The turtles had everything turtles might need.
And they were all happy. Quite happy indeed.
You mean like it rattles and stuff? If so, there are a lot of different things that could be wrong. In my experience, when I play my strings too long without changing them, they start to rattle. Also, you're action could be too low and the string is touching a couple of higher frets. Those things have happened to me and all I did was change the strings or raise my action a bit. But it could be something else. But those two things have given me string rattle before......Oh and also if you're strings are too loose....Like if you play with .09 to .42 and you're in Drop C, playing too hard might make them rattle. Sorry if this doesn't help any, but I hope it does.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Last edited by fattymcfatten at Feb 24, 2008,
It definately sounds loose. I think you nailed it with the playing to hard. I have always mashed, pushed, and pulled things to hard.
I play a couple of hours a day- how often do you replace your strings?

you might just need to lift that string a little, it'll buzz if it's hitting the frets.
those pegs with a tiny allen wrench.

for advice on string changing there's a sticky at the top of the basics section.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
it sounds to me like your string has fallen out of whack in the tension within the neck if its just on the one side. it happens when you play a lot. try tightening your truss rod till you hear a pop sound. that means the tension is back to normal and your string should be fine. ive had this happen several times on my les paul custom, its 15 years old, and the truss rod fix worked each time.
Quote by amyeuton
It definately sounds loose. I think you nailed it with the playing to hard. I have always mashed, pushed, and pulled things to hard.
I play a couple of hours a day- how often do you replace your strings?

I play DRs and change them about once or twice a month....But it all depends on how much you play and how clean you keep your strings and fretboard.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by openedskittles
it sounds to me like your string has fallen out of whack in the tension within the neck if its just on the one side. it happens when you play a lot. try tightening your truss rod till you hear a pop sound. that means the tension is back to normal and your string should be fine. ive had this happen several times on my les paul custom, its 15 years old, and the truss rod fix worked each time.

NOOOOOOOO. no dont do that. not if u value ur guitar.

one string does not = truss rod.

it's either a bad string, the action is a little low on that string, or the guitar needs to be intonated.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011