Hey there!
Just a short question:
How much would a Gibson Custom Black Beauty from '83 sell for?
Thanks!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Bigger/louder/more watts =/= Better quality.
a lot
BUT it depends. are all the parts original? and what sort of contidition is it in?
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
It depends on how much I have in my account

You won't get a good estimate over the internet, for the most part. You especially won't get one on this site. Take it to a shop and see what they say. Make sure to let them know it's for an appraisal, not a trade or a sale to the shop. If they think you want to sell it to them they'll lowball you.
I think the pickups aren't original but thats it. Its in good condition: no big cracks or bumps just the normal playing scratches.

EvilEdit: So, Roc8995...Potential buyer ?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Quote by Yngwi3

Last edited by Dr.Evil Knödel at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by Dr.Evil Knödel
I think the pickups aren't original but thats it. Its in good condition: no big cracks or bumps just the normal playing scratches.

EvilEdit: So, Roc8995...Potential buyer ?

Absolutely. Let me know what price you come up with, we'll talk.
Any pictures? Gold or chrome hardware?
I'll get pictures as soon as I can!
It may take a while though!!
I'll PM you as soon as I have them! Ok?

Quote by Yngwi3

Quote by Dr.Evil Knödel
I'll get pictures as soon as I can!
It may take a while though!!
I'll PM you as soon as I have them! Ok?

Awesome. No rush though- I'm waiting on a buyer for my fender as well as my tax return.
This could take a little longer though.
I will write you a mail on the 17.3.08 because that's the earliest it will be available for me. However, you will understand that I can not give promises on whether to sell it in the end or not.
I hope this isn't a huge problem for you!
If it is: tell me.

EvilEdit. actually I will write you on 3.3.08

Quote by Yngwi3

Last edited by Dr.Evil Knödel at Feb 25, 2008,
I know I replied to this thread already...did something delete my post?

Anyways, last time I said it should be around 8 grand shouldn't it? Maybe more.
High as tits
The market fluctuates a bit due to supply and demand. Good condition, all original Silverburst's from that era generally go for somewhere around $4000 to $4500, with the Black Beauty's averaging about a thousand less. Given that yours has unoriginal pickups, expect a best case scenario of around $3000 with about $2500 being a more realistic "real world" price.

It's impossible to tell for sure without having the instrument examined in person by someone well qualified to do such an appraisal. Also note that the price an appraiser attaches to something may not at all represent what the actual "real world" market on the item is.

EDIT: There's a lot of hearsay involved and it's rarely accurate. A friend of mine swears his beat up 81 Standard is worth 5 grand, but I've turned down two early 80's Standard's in better condition for 2 grand each.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Feb 25, 2008,