I was just wondering what would be the best way to tighten up the sound of my Mesa Boogie F-50 and make it sound more like the 'Brootalz'.. Btw I have a Boss GE-7 EQ pedal could it be done with that?

Thanks
give it a bit more mid-range
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Get an OD pedal, like a TS9 or digitech bad monkey.

+1
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
I am not denying the BMonkey does tighten up heavy tones, but how does it do it since it's like a traditional overdrive pedal designed to give creamy bell like overdrive for Hot Rods & Strats or Les Pauls etc?
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Get an OD pedal, like a TS9 or digitech bad monkey.

+ a further 1
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Jackolas
I am not denying the BMonkey does tighten up heavy tones, but how does it do it since it's like a traditional overdrive pedal designed to give creamy bell like overdrive for Hot Rods & Strats or Les Pauls etc?

I dont know too much.

But what OD pedals to is push the tubes further so they give a nice, better distortion.Like the TS wants, they push the gain cos theyre pushing the tubes to work harder and making it sound more 'br00talz'.

A better pedal for hi-gain would be something like an Ibanez tubescreamer, TS09/TS08
Quote by Pooinsky
Btw I have a Boss GE-7 EQ pedal could it be done with that?

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Eq pedals sculpt your sound but don't really tighten...

Basically an EQ pedal lets you have more control over your tone. Its alot more precise than the 3-4 band (Low, mid, hi, presence) EQs on amps.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Last edited by eggo_boi_15 at Feb 24, 2008,
If you have a mesa you don't need an overdrive pedal to sound more hard core. Get a compressor or get pickups that have some balls.
Not taking any online orders.
The way most of those bands get such a tight sounding high gain sound is from using high gain amps like rectos with a noise gate and emgs.
I'd play about with your EQ first; by adding more mids/upper mids I tighten up the sound of my amp a lot.
...Bleep Bloop...
stick the eq in front of your amp and basically make a frowny face like this -> with the eq sliders. i found that this tightened up the sound a lot.