okay, does anybody here know how many years after high school of university it takes to become a Psychologist?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
A clinical psychologist?

Four years for a B.A. or B.SC, followed by around three years for a Master's Degree, followed by another three or four years for a phD (may very well take longer)
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
it depends...you can go to the normal 4 year undergraduate school and get a bachelor's degree in psychology, but you will NOT be able to get a good job with just that degree...you will have to go get a master's in psychology if you want to actually have a good job with good pay...you can go farther and get a doctorate if you want, that's where the real good money is.
i think about 10-12 years for a phd
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
so a masters degree, or doctorate, how much would either of those take in school.
phd is around 4-6. and then you need to take more?
i'm kind of confused, i'm in high school and just keeping my mind open to career choices for my future.. lol
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
so a masters degree, or doctorate, how much would either of those take in school.
phd is around 4-6. and then you need to take more?
i'm kind of confused, i'm in high school and just keeping my mind open to career choices for my future.. lol

Generally, you would go for a doctorate after having received a master's degree, though some departments will offer one huge program that grants both. Either way, you're looking at a minimum of 10 years for your combined undergraduate and graduate training.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
okay, so around 10 years is a lot, they get paid a lot though, how much yearly do they make, that wikipedia thing said around 179 000.. i don't believe that can be that accurate
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
okay, so around 10 years is a lot, they get paid a lot though, how much yearly do they make, that wikipedia thing said around 179 000.. i don't believe that can be that accurate

That would be around the average salary of a psychiatrist, which will require four years of undergraduate training, four years of medical school, and four or five years of residency. A phD, depending on the specific area, could generally expect to make around half of that.
hmmn, you just said that would be the salary of a psychologist and then you said i could make half of that.. i don't understand or did i just read it wrong?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
hmmn, you just said that would be the salary of a psychologist and then you said i could make half of that.. i don't understand or did i just read it wrong?

Psychiatry = Branch of medicine dealing with the treatment, diagnoses, and prevention of mental disorders in humans.
Psychology = Study of human behavior.

They are different.