Page 1 of 6
hey guys...i'm new here, and pretty new to guitar, and i have a question. i was at my local pawn shop a couple days ago, and i saw (and bought) an amp/cab. i have never heard of the brand, but i needed an amp because my Marshall MG250DFX just wasn't cutting it at band practice. do you guys know anything about this amp? there is no logo on the front, but next to the knobs, it says "ecstasy by bogner" on it. i paid $500 for the head and cabinet (4x12 i think). did i pay too much?
Ecstasy - (Three channel amp. Originally came in two versions, 100a and 100b. "A" standing for "American", which used 6L6 power tubes, and "B" standing for "British", which used EL34's. The 100 was replaced with the 101a and 101b, which offered more features. A small majority of customers desired the tone of the rare and discontinued 100 models, so Bogner issued an additional model of the Ecstasy called the Classic, which is a stripped down version of the 101 to attempt to return to the open tone of the 100.

Wki

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
i don't have batteries for my camera right now but i'll pick some up today...

thanks for that snippet from wiki! :]

do you know if i paid too much for the head and cabinet?
Bogner amps are very nice.

Sounds like you got a great deal to me. The pawn shop probably didn't know what it had.

post pics
I've been looking on the internet and the cheapest Bogner Ecstasy head I found was £2299 (which is around $4600). Looks like you got yourself a deal mate

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
the amp and cabinet came with cases though... they had a sticker on them that said "angstrom cases" with some address in quebec, canada. are they any good?
the guy at the pawn shop just called me, and it turns out that they had the logo (it had just fallen off). i guess it was sitting behind some boxes or something.

i'm gunna go run down and get it! and get some batteries while i'm out!
If you dont' like it I'll buy it off you for $1,000.

/me is going to go amp shopping at pawn shops from now on.
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.
bull**** you did. it took 5 minutes to get to the pawnshop, get the logo back on, and take a picture? oh, and it came in a road case. sure....
That thing is SEXY!!!
Post clips!!!
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by s.r.v.
bull**** you did. it took 5 minutes to get to the pawnshop, get the logo back on, and take a picture? oh, and it came in a road case. sure....

i've never owned a "tube" amp before, so i wasn't sure if the amp was supposed to have the case or not. i'll probably just sell them.

the pawn shop is just across the alley from my house, and the logo connects with just some pins i had to push in.
you have GOT to be ****ing kidding me.......there is no way in hell this a legit thread...you are lying your ass off
why does it seem suspicious? it takes me about 20 seconds to walk from my back porch to the pawn shop where i got my amp. i don't know anything about it besides that apparently its really expensive.

i dunno. i'm sorry if it seems fishy to you guys. i just want to find out a bit more about this amp. i've never heard of it.
Quote by guitarman216
why does it seem suspicious? it takes me about 20 seconds to walk from my back porch to the pawn shop where i got my amp. i don't know anything about it besides that apparently its really expensive.

i dunno. i'm sorry if it seems fishy to you guys. i just want to find out a bit more about this amp. i've never heard of it.

if you have it, you should know that it sounds good by playing it. and that it's a hell of a steal.

if it's a lie, it doesn't really matter because none of us would be playing it anyway.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by antareus
If you dont' like it I'll buy it off you for $1,000.

/me is going to go amp shopping at pawn shops from now on.

its too soon to tell if i'm going to keep it or not
I'm changing my bid to $600. I hate scalpers, so I'm not going to let you scalp this.
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.
Holy fucking shit.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Quote by guitarman216
i've never owned a "tube" amp before, so i wasn't sure if the amp was supposed to have the case or not. i'll probably just sell them.

the pawn shop is just across the alley from my house, and the logo connects with just some pins i had to push in.

If this is true. Than take a picture with you giving the middle finger, in front of the amp. Also a picture of the "pawn shop across the alley."
Quote by The Real Ming
If this is true. Than take a picture with you giving the middle finger, in front of the amp. Also a picture of the "pawn shop across the alley."

okay. gimme a bit.
WTF $500 for an XTC, you have to be kidding.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by The Real Ming
Its taken you longer for one picture, than it did for you to run to the pawn shop, get the logo, put it on and than take a picture???

What you having a problem with photoshop?

the batteries i used to snap that last picture were the old ones, and now they're officially dead. be patient.