I've been looking for a new practice/jamming amp as I'm still using the little squier amp I got with my first guitar. From the reviews I've read, it seems that the Orange is the best in its price range. The only problem I've heard is that it does not have very heavy distortion.

I'm also planning to buy a Zvex Fuzz Factory and so I wondered whether using this as my distortion would pretty much cancel out the potential problem.
I mainly play stuff like Muse (as you've probably guessed from the Fuzz Factory) which can sometimes demand a heavier sound so would using the Fuzz Factory as my distortion work?

I also play a range of other genres so I'm not simply going to 'override' the amps tone with the fuzz factory all the time. I've heard it sounds great for classic rock so I'll be using it for that as well.

I play a Vintage V100 Les Paul copy if it helps.

Sorry for the long explanation and thanks in advance for any help.
you might want to try it out.
btw, i think it's the higher end oranges that are good for the money
Yeah, from what I've read, the Crush isn't such a great amp at all.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
for the same money you should really consider harley benton GA5/Grainger (sp?)/ Epiphone Valve junior....No question about that.
Can you reccomend any alternatives for <£150?

All the reviews I read of it said it's by far the best SS amp you can buy which, seeing as I can't afford a valve amp, sounded promising.
Quote by zwound
for the same money you should really consider harley benton GA5/Grainger (sp?)/ Epiphone Valve junior....No question about that.

That's only 5w though isn't it? I wanted to have an amp that's loud enough to play in a band. I know that the wattage of valve amps usually translates to a higher volume than SS amps but would 5w be enough?
if you want an orange amp to play in a band the crush defiently isnt the way to go if you want a good one i'd go for the rocker 30 i have it you can play live with it and its a great amp
Quote by powerslave69
if you want an orange amp to play in a band the crush defiently isnt the way to go if you want a good one i'd go for the rocker 30 i have it you can play live with it and its a great amp

I have no way near enough money for that, My budget's £150.
Seeing as the Epiphone has only one channel, would it be practical for me to rely entirely on my fuzz factory for distortion?
oh yeah got financing on it though but id get a laney maybe in your case check the vc series out, or a valve junior it can get decently loud
Orange crush series are pretty good. Haven't tried one, but I have heard people play them before--they have some pretty deep distortion, so I suggest checking it out.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
dude, check out the new 15w harley benton. Dont let the name fool you, jsut got the Ga5, and it f*ckin' rocks!
5 watts tube is enough to jam without a drummer, at a reasonably loud level (as long as you can live without cleans), it would probably struggle with a drummer though.
For around £150 you could get a Laney LC15, which is a nice 15 watt valve amp and would be able to keep up with a drummer, unless his drumming is ridiculously loud. Or you could save up a bit more to give yourself more options. I really would advise you not to get something just because you only have a little bit of cash now if you will have more to add to it in the future - it works out a lot more expensive in the long run.