I just recently finished this progressive death metal piece after hours of work and I consider it one of my best songs (I'm not trying to brag or anything). Comments/suggestions will be appreciated.
Attachments:
progressivedm.zip
i like it! the folky harmonies in the beginning blend together awesomely. the first distortion part is also good. i don't like bar 13-16 though, the clean guitar sounds too harsh, especially since the piece is already loaded with dissonance. the transition on bar 57 is great, it sets a great mood. the main riff stands out well, especially the outro is memorable. like i said some parts like the C#5 on bar 73 sound a little bit out of place (too agressive) but otherwise solid work!!
Well, I like the feel of this track. The riffs and harmonies are cool, and generally speaking it's well handled.

However, it doesn't feel like there's much flow to it. The sections flow nicely into each other and everything, don't get me wrong, but it sounds a little... off. It would be cool to have some kind of a riff or something recurring, to make it sound really coherent. I'll give this a good 8.5/10, and that's being harsh.
Quote by webbtje
Well, I like the feel of this track. The riffs and harmonies are cool, and generally speaking it's well handled.

However, it doesn't feel like there's much flow to it. The sections flow nicely into each other and everything, don't get me wrong, but it sounds a little... off. It would be cool to have some kind of a riff or something recurring, to make it sound really coherent. I'll give this a good 8.5/10, and that's being harsh.

Yeah I just pieced different ideas together, originally I wanted to make two separate songs but I changed my mind...I could always chop them up into two separate songs or something and write some more riffs to fill the two songs up...