Poll: Would you have a sound crew
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you have a sound crew
Yes, i want some sound dude to set up all my equipment
54 70%
No, Its my equipment!! GTFO!!!!!
23 30%
Voters: 77.
Right you know all the big mainstream bands, that have guitar techs that set up there equipment? If you were in a big mainstream band, would you hire a guitar tech?

I personaly wouldent, its my equipment, so im going to set it up! Its not that hard!

Poll on the way....
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Yes, I hate changing strings
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Yes, I hate changing strings

Me too. I always poke my finger with one of the strings
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Well in all fairness it would save us the trouble, but I'd get someone I could really trust you know...
Most of the time if you're a touring pro, you need the assistance. Like if halfway through a gig, a string breaks. Or an amp blows a tube. Or you kick your pedals too hard and they stop working. Someone's gotta do patch changes, and fix it as soon as possible, so you can focus on your playing.

I dunno if I'd want a tech or not, but I'd like to know my way around with all the equipment.
A lot of pro's don't know the names of the pedals they're using.
Well, no, because I don't intend on being in a big "mainstream" band, but if I was...no, still, I take pride in caring for my instruments...I'm not going to let that go away because I get a lot of money
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
yes and no

for the on stage assistance then hell yeah, if i was to snap a string i would want a guy on stage holding my backup guitar etc

but not preparing my gear, my gear, keep your gypsy hands off
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
like someone said before, i dont really want people messing with my equipment.... but it is a conveniance. i would like to have people put out my amp for me, untangle my cables, put my pedal board down, i'll plug in and do all the settings myself
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
yeh say i brake a string on stage, it would be helpfull for somone to restring it while im using a backup guitar for one song.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
It's a handy way to take a friend on the road with you and give them a job, and obviously it's useful to have your stuff looked after and have the support during a show.
yes, because if you're a big rockstar you are usually way to busy meeting fans getting ready to play and all that to worry about setting up your gear, plus rigging all of that crap up to a big arena sound system isn't as easy as you'd think.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If I was in a big band, of course. It keeps the show going at a good pace if I don't have to re-tune or change strings myself between songs.
what happens if something breaks or doesn't work correctly, would you know what to do, and how to fix it right away? I would rather have a pro who knew what he was doing, backing me up....you don't wanna look like a dumbass on stage.

Plus i hate changing strings.....
It would be useful if you're a band that's really successful, playing massive constant concerts.
I would have one or two guys to do it. But they would just be friends of mine. I'd like to be close to the people that handle my gear.
The.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Well, no, because I don't intend on being in a big "mainstream" band, but if I was...no, still, I take pride in caring for my instruments...I'm not going to let that go away because I get a lot of money

yeah bein in the mainstream is so not cool!!11
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

If you are in a large well established touring band most of your sound equipment is rented.
Most of your venues are union and require you to use their sound techs. Your on stage people are yours but the sound man usually belongs to the establishment you are playing in.
Equipment rental is cheaper than lugging your own all across the known universe.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
If you are in a large well established touring band most of your sound equipment is rented.
Most of your venues are union and require you to use their sound techs. Your on stage people are yours but the sound man usually belongs to the establishment you are playing in.
Equipment rental is cheaper than lugging your own all across the known universe.

yeah this is mostly true, although most of the gear the artists actually work with (guitars, amps, pedals) is all hauled along, especially if they use rare or custom stuff that can't be rented.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You are famous. You don't have time to prepare your equipment. What's wrong about explaining a man the settings, and letting him do it?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Yeah I would have a sound crew. That way I get roadies, who are essentially the interns of the music world, to **** with on and off stage.