Page 1 of 2
Yeah so my band's drummer plays great and everything but you can't even hear the guitar. I mean you can hear it but not really amke out what its playing. He always tells me to lower my 15 watt practice amp to like 3 and then says his mom thinks its too loud when hes the loud one! He thinks drums are the only thing in a band! Is there a way to tell him that I should be able to raise me volume?
puncture his bass drum skin* xD
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
turn up when he looks away, he probably won't even notice

edit: or ask a non band member to soundcheck. That way he can't say you're too loud or too quiet.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
If hes too loud and wont compromise because he thinks 'drums are the only thing in the bad' then you shouldnt have him in your band.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Turn up, and tell him that you can barely hear yourself, and he's not the only one that people want to hear.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
your problem isnt your drummer, your problem is your 15 watt practice amp
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Make a compromise that when he wants you to turn down your amp that you get to **** his girlfriend... in the ass... twice... hard.
“You know that I don't fucking care if I live or die.”
Quote by g1asseye
turn up when he looks away, he probably won't even notice

edit: or ask a non band member to soundcheck. That way he can't say you're too loud or too quiet.

+1

YEAAAAH

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
DICK IN A BOX!

wait...

You'll have to talk with him about it.
I'd be interested in knowing what amp you use, as most models (the solid state ones), are not quite loud enough to compete with a drummer.
Quote by rage6945
your problem isnt your drummer, your problem is your 15 watt practice amp

and you practice place.
drummers room?
Pee on his toms and snare.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Either say something to him about it, or buy a bigger amp.
Quote by fender351
dude all drummers do that
just turn up the volume when hes not looking

well I'm a drummer and i dont appreciate you saying that all drummers do that because i dont. For instance, when we practice, I actually tell my guitarists to turn it up so i can hear what parts they are playing and the rhythm because sometimes i get off on our new songs that we haven't practiced much. It helps if you can all hear yourself and the others pretty equal
gear:
Epiphone G-310
Digitech Death Metal
Dunlop Cry Baby
Peavey 158 Transtube
Pearl Forum Drum kit
Zildjian ZBT and ZBT Plus Cymbals
Member #24 of the "...Still Waiting For A Zombie Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp to join
just complain about it to your band members or tell him straight up to f*ck off
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Record you guys playing. Use a USB headset if that's all you have or anything really. Just record you guys trying to play something and play it back to him and show him that he's just way to loud
The Pit. The Movie.
Tell him "NO!", then smack him on the head with a rolled up newspaper and rub his nose in his snare.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Discipline him.

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Kill him in his sleep...

Or maybe you could just get a louder amp.
Follower of Zeppelinism.
yeah, get a louder amp.

or, get a gig and have the other members not show up. that way he'll be the only one there and it really will be a one man show. lets see how well he handles that
let him look at this thread and read how we are all angry at him
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
I have a friggen 100 watt Crate but my drummer doesn't like how loud it is thats what Im saying! He tells me his mom thinks its too loud so I lower my volume on the amp to like 3 and his volume stays the same/rasies so I can't hear it
Dude if he isnt listening get a new drummer !!!

I mean normally drummers (i'm one) like to also hear what the guitarist is playin cause obviously you need something to play to....

If your drummer is just playing to himself, well either he listens or you get a new drummer..

Call his mom and ask her to judge who's too loud if possible
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by X-Boy
Dude if he isnt listening get a new drummer !!!

I mean normally drummers (i'm one) like to also hear what the guitarist is playin cause obviously you need something to play to....

If your drummer is just playing to himself, well either he listens or you get a new drummer..

Call his mom and ask her to judge who's too loud if possible

Thats the bad part. I know no other drummers...
Hmmm....why dont you guys as a band tell him to keep it down a bit and talk it out with him ?? I bet he'd understand...

Or you could ask him mom if she problems with the noise....if she says no you can then tell ur drummer to **** off..
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Page 1 of 2