So, I was paying my les paul and wondering what I would do to it if I was a luthier. Then I thought of many different guitars that i could make.... Here's an example:

I would build a les paul with a maple top and maple back, but the top would not be carved....I could then fit a maestro vibrola on to it....With that, I'd have a p90 single coil pup on the neck and an SD PAF pup on the bridge....Maybe adding another humbucker in the middle.... It would have strap locks and and grover tuners.

Example 2: An sg with 2 humbuckers ( bridge, neck) and 2 strat single coils in the middle ( they'd be stuck together but not in humbucker config) It would have an ash body and would have a fender-style bridge with fender tuners ( I prefer those)...

What would be your hand-built dream guitar?

PS: I used the search button, couldn't find anything like it.
Caparison Horus.

Or Jem in green with 27 Frets, Caparison PH-R bridge p-up and some kind of Dimarzio in the neck with a maple fretboard and those nice pyramids.

The second is just something I'd wan't for fun. The first is ultimate
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
The Jackson KV2 i already own, but in white. Slightly thicker neck, with a ''flicky'' pickup selector instead of the ''slidey'' one Also, just one volume knob.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
A neon yellow RG with a reverse headstock ebony fretboard, no inlays, edge Pro, black hardware, BK Nailbomb in the bridge and Seymour Duncan SH2B in the neck.
a schecter omen 7 with a Floyd Rose with grover tuners with a mural of my fiance on it
Quote by CobenBlack
with the gibson would you not do something about the neck joint? its a bit big isn't it?

My gibson's wouldn't have angled headstocks, so the necks won't break off. The neck joints would be the ones on the VOS gibsons. They are longer and more sturdy.
a mahoghany les paul
dark blue transparent satin finish
24 frets
2 gibson '57 humbuckers
grover tuners
elixir 10s
an extra blender knob
jimmy page coil tap wiring
Razorback styling with a Rhoads overall shape then i'd put a floyd rose pro for the bridge with Bareknuckle pickups B:Nailbomb M:Warpig N:Painkiller it'd would be 25.5" scale neck thru with a gain booster of some kind
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
a white RR with red detail, floyd rose and a single EMG, basicly a ESP aleci Laiho ecept red instead of black, oh and i'm acctually saving to do this http://www.projectguitar.com , everything you need to know

EDIT:

Quote by BAoxymoron
Razorback styling with a Rhoads overall shape then i'd put a floyd rose pro for the bridge with Bareknuckle pickups B:Nailbomb M:Warpig N:Painkiller it'd would be 25.5" scale neck thru with a gain booster of some kind

that sounds f'ing awsome. are bareknucles good?

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
As I always post in these threads...

Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul

- Weight-relieved mahogany back.
- AAA carved flame maple top.
- Mahogany set neck.
- '59 neck profile.
- Ebony fretboard.
- 22 medium frets.
- No fret inlays or side dot markers.
- Headstock only marked with chrome inlay. Though it would be made by Gibson, I think I'd rather have the headstock say 'Epiphone', just for the sheer wtf factor.
- Bone nut.
- Tune-o-matic and stopbar bridge.
- Set up for .10-.46 strings, medium-high action (about 2.5mm off the board on the high E, about 3mm off the board on the low E).
- White binding on neck, headstock and body.
- Matte/satin polyurethane finish on body back/sides, neck and back/sides of headstock.
- Extra thin high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer on body top/front and top/front of headstock.
- Tri-burst finish, Trans Pink/Trans Purple/Solid dark indigo.
- Top/front of headstock finished in solid dark indigo colour to match outer edge of body top/front.
- High-shine chrome pickguard, mounting rings, input jack mount and pickup selector mount.
- Chrome hardware, chrome 'speed' style knobs.
- Two volume, two tone controls.
- 0-25dB active mid boost switch.
- Chrome-topped 3-way pickup selector switch (regular LP style).
- Uncovered BurstBucker #2 neck pickup, wired in reverse polarity.
- Uncovered BurstBucker #3 bridge pickup.

Looking something like this:
I'm having a custom guitar made by Warmoth right now. It's going to be a LP goldtop but made how I want it - with Duncan pickups and special wiring, Planet waves tuners, etc. I can't wait to get it. Should be around April.

it will look sort of like this - - with tran-red on mahogany on the back

btw - this is a cool site for doing mock ups of certain guitar styles:

http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp
Last edited by GoDrex at Feb 24, 2008,
My current guitar, but with better pickups. Maybe 24 frets, but not necessary...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
PRS Custom 24 with H-S-H pickup setup...
Neck: Swineshead Condor
Middle: Swineshead Spotlight
Bridge: Swineshead Warthog or Runaway or maybe a Venom... gotta figure that out...

The looks are... Natural Walnut top-layer on a Maghony body with Birdseye Maple neck WITH the PRS Birds...
edit - replying to bokuho

cool man! I also like guitars with no inlays. You're looks sweet - I love the color as well
Quote by Tenacious D'er

that sounds f'ing awsome. are bareknucles good?

Hell yeah my favorite hands down. the Only downside is the price
if you want some ask tim he will give you the perfect setup by the way he will customize the pickup to your specs and almost always he does this for free
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by djmay71
a schecter omen 7 with a Floyd Rose with grover tuners with a mural of my fiance on it

awh that's really nice!

*ends off-topic girly moment*
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Mahogany body
Unfinished Maple neck and fingerboard
black fin inlays
Original floyd rose
Kluson tuners
EMG 81 in bridge
Some kind of duncan in the neck
Black finish

master tone, 2 volume controls
3 way selector

DiMarzio X2N in bridge
Custom Dimarzio Paf pro, in X2N cover, with built in Fernades Sustainer
Lace Sensor Gold in middle
2 volume for neck and bridge
1 master tone
mini switch closest to bridge is coil split for Dimarzio Paf pro
bottom 2 switches control the sustainer in the Paf pro, only working without coil split
5 way selector switch
Ibanez Edge Pro tremolo
Alder body
Maple neck
Ebony fret board
That's a sweet looking V - - but I'd think about getting maple finished - it's not a good wood for having no finish. I love the look of the maple neck though with the black body.
Fender Stratocaster:

Mahogany body
21 frets
Two single pups: Two pups from bareknuckle trilogy suite
one hum pup: dean dimebucker
Custom Dragon graphic
Silver floyd rose trem

Jackson Death Kelly:
24 frets
Two EMG passive pups : 85/89
EVH graphic
Black floyd rose trem
Ash body w/ black bevels

Same model but in a 7 string version
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

I'd get a PRS CE with Duncan JB in the neck and the Dragon stock pickup in the bridge, rosewood, like kinda the whale blue color, and give it coil tap and maybe 7-string. The inlays would be the Opeth "O" and I'd have Chuck Schuldiner's face carved into the side of the front to make it hollow-bodied.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
propable do some of the stuff mike! said but i would put a bolt on neck on a les paul
I really wanna build one some day, the thing is, I haven't got the tools, and I can't cut straight

Anyway
Strat
5cm thick mahogany body
C-shape maple neck, 22 medium frets, rosewood board, 14" or 16" radius
Ibanez-style All-Access neck joint
Fixed bridge
2 humbuckers: Duncan Distortion in bridge, custom wound Alnico 5 neck pickup
1 volume, 1 tone control. 500k pots. Coil taps for both pickups.
Side-mounted jack.
Red or Orange, with a black pickguard

Would look something like this, with minor differences:
Quote by nath1142
propable do some of the stuff mike! said but i would put a bolt on neck on a les paul

Yeah, i thought of that. I would put a bolt-on the the LP, but not the sg/
Jazzmaster body (Made of mahogany, slimmed down so it weighs less)
Purple/Green/Black splatter/tye-dye swirl finish
Duncan vintage jazzmaster pickups
Emg afterburner (adds db for stuff)
Gibson Tune-o-matic bridge
Locking tuners (Or a locking nut, whichever will fit best for Jazzmaster tremolo use)
Reverse headstock
MAple neck, no inlays
Set neck
A switch that makes the pickup go noiseless (Non noiseless for feedback)
Fernandes sustainer
I don't even shred
les paul with a floyd rose, in black, with EMGS and Iomni cross inlays!

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Well I thought about this for a while and this is what I'd love to build. What can i say I love simplicity....

Based on Kramer 5150. Not 100% sure how I would paint it yet. I'd want to paint it myself. All wood would come from Warmoth as well as the Floyd Rose Original.

BODY - Strat body (basswood), rear mounted, 1 humbucker bridge pickup, 1 volume knob

NECK - Strat headstock, maple neck and fingerboard with skunk stripe, oil finish, 22 frets, Floyd nut prep, Warmoth Pro compound radius neck with 6105 tall narrow or 6150 jumbo frets in standard nickel/silver. Schaller tuners

BRIDGE - Floyd Rose Original in chrome, flush mounted. R2 nut 1-5/8"

VOLUME KNOB - Fender 500k CTS Audio Taper, split shaft

KNOB COVER - either Fender Strat knob or J-Bass knob

PICKUP - Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom mounted to body, soldered straight to volume pot.

I worked it out and the parts would cost me roughly $700 minus assembly and paint.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Alder neck-thru Jaguar/Jazzmaster/Jagmaster guitar. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 24.5" scale, angled headstock. Adjusto-matic bridge, EMG 85/HA pick-ups. Flat black with a bowling ball red pickguard. Black hardware.

Mahogany neck-thru SG. Mahogany neck, ebony fretboard, 24.5"scale, no inlay. EMG 81/81 pick-ups. Flat black with a neon green '61 style pickguard. Black hardware.

Mahogany neck-thru SG. Mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, 24.5"scale, vine of life inlay. EMG 81/85 pick-ups. Trans purple stain, black '61 style pickguard. Black or gunmetal hardware.

Walnut neck-thru Mustang/Cyclone shaped guitar. Maple and walnut neck, ebony fretboard, 24.5" scale, angled headstock. OFR bridge, EMG 85/SA pick-ups. Neon yellow with black racing stripes and pickguard. Black hardware.

Yes, I need four guitars. Even though I'm awful, I still need four.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
a custom guitar shape with:
alder body
maple neck
custom graphic
29 frets
floyd rose
ebony fretboard with custom inlays
a knob each for reverb, bass, treble, mids for neck and bridge pup
uber thin neck
coil splittable hand made pickups with ceramic magnets - active

and once i rake out the thousands for that i would end up playing it thru a solid state 10watt amp coz i forgot to spend money on upgrading that p.o.s

edit: i would name it the jizzmaster coz teenagers will uncontrollably jizz at the sheer awesomeness

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Custom Jackson Explorer looking thing
With Gir Paint job

"Vintage" Jem
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
i would like a
magohany body
schecter avenger style of body and headstock
grover tuners
2 volume
1 master tone
fernandes sustainer
dual SD blackouts or EMG 81/85
Shaller OFR
set-in neck
ebony fretboard
3-way switch(but like the one in the synyster custom
schaller straplocks
normal hellraiser inlays
cool graphic like the schecter texas chainsaw avenger or just black cherry

i know most of the features on my dream guitar are normal hellraiser avenger type
but it has a some differences
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by Teh GIR
Custom Jackson Explorer looking thing
With Gir Paint job

"Vintage" Jem

That's probably the nicest Jem I've ever seen! It's amazing ( and I hate the usual JEMS).
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Fender Stratocaster:

Mahogany body
21 frets
Two single pups: Two pups from bareknuckle trilogy suite
one hum pup: dean dimebucker
Custom Dragon graphic
Silver floyd rose trem

How did you get that dragon graphic on there did you use photoshop or fireworks or something like that.
-George Will

I had complete creative & directive control over this, so if I had the skill and time, this is what would become: