Page 1 of 3
last week, i had purchased my first tube amp from the pawn shop just behind my house. i got a pretty good deal on it (they knocked some cash off because it was missing the logo). they had called me about half an hour ago to tell me that htey had found the logo, so i went over there to get it. while i was over there, i saw that they had a les paul for $300, so i bought it (i needed a backup guitar anywyas).

here's a picture with my main guitar, and my new guitar:

well done
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
that doesn't sound right pawnshops know how much gutiars go for. 300$$ for a lespaul custom even if it's used. is way too low.
wouldnt it be studio not custom because customs have trapezoid inlays
its a custom due to the double binding around the body and the fact the truss rod cover says les paul custom
Any respectable pawnshop would no way in hell sell an LP custom for 300 clams.
Quote by Fappy
wouldnt it be studio not custom because customs have trapezoid inlays

Customs have the square inlays, studios, classics, etc have trapezoids.
what the? a LP for 300? no way!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vixen
Ibanez RG7321
Cort G210
Epiphone Les Paul 1956 Goldtop
Laboga Mr. Hector
Randall 4x12
Boss MT 2
Boss BD 2
Boss DD3
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by natel0083
Any respectable pawnshop would no way in hell sell an LP custom for 300 clams.

they would if it was a FAKE!!!
But, I Smell B.S.
Prong =
there has to be something wrong with it. or thw owner of the pawnshop is an idiot.
i dunno. its a mom & pop style pawn shop. they don't get too much musical stuff in there. its more like TV's and tools.
Quote by guitarman216
wait...its fake?

Has to be, even pawnshops know the value of a gibson les paul custom....
Prong =
the important question is...does it play well?...'cuz if it does, who gives a **** if it's fake or not.
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by guitarman216
i dunno. its a mom & pop style pawn shop. they don't get too much musical stuff in there. its more like TV's and tools.

Still....something is fishy.

Check the serial No., then get back with us.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by clodzilla319
Has to be, even pawnshops know the value of a gibson les paul custom....

but then again some people are idiots, find the serial number and e-mail it to Gibson, then you can make a $2700 profit if you choose to.
Quote by guitarman216
where would i find the serial number?

back of the headstock.

EDIT: there's a chance it could be one of those fritra guitars, or a similar Chinese look-alike.

Even still, you got a fair deal, and you can still impress the hell out of your friends with it

If it's a real Gibson Les Paul Custom though, you are the luckiest man alive. I would give my left testicle for a Gibby LP Custom.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I think he's taking the p1ss. Look at all the stupid questions he has asked in this thread. no one that noob spends so much on gear
well the case that came with it says Gibson Custom on it, but i guess it could still be a fake.

i'll go get the serial number.
Quote by dudetheman
If it's a real Gibson Les Paul Custom though, you are the luckiest man alive. I would give my left testicle for a Gibby LP Custom.

Yea if its real you saved yourself about 3k if you were to buy it new.
k, i was thinking about it, and i'm not going to put the entire serial number on here, as it might be unsafe...

but it goes: CS00147XXX
Quote by guitarman216
well the case that came with it says Gibson Custom on it, but i guess it could still be a fake.

i'll go get the serial number.

A case came with it? Lol as if any pawn shop is going to sell a Gibson guitar AND case for $300. The case alone costs half that
Can you take pictures of the back of the headstock, and if your unsecure with posting the serial number just blur it out, we might be able to tell if it;s real if we see the back.
Quote by guitarman216
k, i was thinking about it, and i'm not going to put the entire serial number on here, as it might be unsafe...

but it goes: CS00147XXX

E-mail it to Gibson and see if it's a real one.

If it's legit, from what I understand, you're guitar is from '04.

EDIT: how would giving us a serial number be unsafe at all?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by dudetheman
E-mail it to Gibson and see if it's a real one.

If it's legit, from what I understand, you're guitar is from '04.

EDIT: how would giving us a serial number be unsafe at all?

i've heard of scams where people will go through the trouble of altering the serial numbers on stolen gear, so they can sell it and not have any flags raised.
Quote by guitarman216
i've heard of scams where people will go through the trouble of altering the serial numbers on stolen gear, so they can sell it and not have any flags raised.

Page 1 of 3