My guitar teacher used to give write out these diagrams of a few scales, which I think included pentatonics, pure minor/major, hybrid, and a few others...

Anyways, you know those Guitar Writing books you buy from stores that have chords diagrams and tabs and stuff? Well, he used to write the C A G E D shapes out on those. This was the easiest way for me to memorize the scales... And I can't find them online. Does anybody know of a website with all/ a few of these diagrams on them?

Or, would it just be more beneficial to my learning experience to try and write them out myself? If so... I don't exactly know the scale patterns either... so someone might want to supply them, maybe??
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I think it's stupid to learn patterns. Scales aren't patterns they're notes, and can be played in any arrangement you feel like.

That being said, you would probably learn alot more about the actual scale if you did it yourself.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
I think it's stupid to learn patterns. Scales aren't patterns they're notes, and can be played in any arrangement you feel like.

That being said, you would probably learn alot more about the actual scale if you did it yourself.

I really don't know what I'm talking about. By patterns I meant WWHWWWH. And, whatever the scale you're talking about uses.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I find it much more useful to figure out and write out these diagrams myself. If somebody else does it for you, you end up doing rote memorization, but if you do it yourself you begin to understand why the patterns are as they are, and how everything fits together, and so on. And it's really not that hard to figure out.

Also, the patterns by themselves aren't all that useful. It's much more useful if you know which one is the root, where the various intervals are, and so on. Otherwise you're just randomly playing scales. And the only way you're going to learn them is by understanding the scales, not memorizing a visual pattern.
Quote by Doodleface

meh, its just starting out learning the scale in assending order, i dont see whats wrong with that