does anyone on here have one?
how can they justify the prices, becuase that would have to be a VERY special bass...

i saw one for 12,000 quid and another on there websote for 25,000

its just out of this world..
i dont get it...
Overpriced? Hell yes. Worth it? Probably. If anyone has played one, I'm 99% sure they would say they were impressed.

But I still have problems spending that money on a bass when I could buy a car. But I do remember one guy a while back that saw an Alembic go for 700. I cried that night.
Alembics are not workhorse basses the same way Dodge Vipers are not workhorse cars. They're pieces of custom made art. Tending to be 1-of-a-kind. I really don't see what's hard to understand about it. Saying "why is this Bentley $400,000!?" makes you sound a bit naiive.

They did use to make cheap Alembics (read: you really think Cliff played a $15,000 bass!? Are you retarded?) but they didn't last. IMO they probably didn't catch on and it wasn't "worth tarnishing their name".
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
It's worth noting that Alembic have a policy of never giving away a bass - even John Paul Jones paid full price for his.
The reason theyre so expensive is because they are made from prehistoric trees. The pickups are NOT BLACK, but rather are crafted from the pure essence of darkness. The frets are made from mercury...not the metal, but the Roman god (the guy with wings on his feet). Also they have all been blessed by both Lucifer and God...

plus they play pretty nice.
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Quote by smb
It's worth noting that Alembic have a policy of never giving away a bass - even John Paul Jones paid full price for his.

Indeed. The only time a bass was even given away by Alembic was by Jack Cassidy (the first Alembic owner ever), and I believe it was actually a gift (I think a birthday gift) as opposed to an endorsement. They've never put a bass on ANYBODY or gave them a discount to get their name out there. People go to Alembic, not the other way around.

Some could argue that Alembic started the trend in modern instrument making with their active electronics (although their early actives were quite "brutal" - they didn't take batteries but required power via an XLR cable plugged into a power transformer).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..