umm is it normal to have like 28% of your ram in use when ur computer is just idling (i have 2 gigs) and not alot of programs running pretty much only CA Antivirus is running is there anything i can do to lower the usage of RAM?
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Do you have Vista? It'll eat up your RAM.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
nope just xp home
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out

Primus Sucks
Quote by TheQuailman
thats nothing special really.

so its normal to have 1/4 of ur ram always used up?
Quote by Mackawade

Quote by last-1s-out

Primus Sucks
Exit processes you don't need. Check processlibrary.com to see what they are
I'm usually idle at 50% on my 1 gig, damn vista T_T
If I exit explorer and dwm.exe and play a game for hours and come back I might be at 28%
Start -> Run -> then type 'msconfig' without the ''

Hit enter, then a window will appear, click on the tab labelled 'startup' from there you can choose which programs run when your computer starts up.

Getting rid of the ones you don't want should reduce you RAM usage... I think. Just don't get rid of any important programs. Google the ones you don't recognise.
...Bleep Bloop...
its like that with windows, it just soaks up RAM for no reason

anyway, u probably have one of those crappy integrated video systems instead of a graphics card, so thats part of the problem too
go to start, run, then type msconfig, then got to the startup tab, then disable all then restart, that will disable any unwanted programs from starting up when you reboot.
well...theres a reason things are stored in the ram....so it can get them back faster when you do start using them

Quote by CLVPX
I somehow doubt someone with 2 gig of ram would have integrated graphics.

I do

i cheaped out on my new computer and just used the integrated video

Serious Sam rocks