Poll: Is the bulletin racist/ ignorant/ wrong?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is the bulletin racist/ ignorant/ wrong?
Hell yeah!
123 22%
No.
371 67%
I don't see color, so I can't tell.
60 11%
Voters: 554.
Page 1 of 15
Well, my friend just posted this bulletin on myspace, and I read it. I personally think it's horribly ignorant of the fact that nonwhites are minorities, and have unequal social representation, but what do you think, UG?

Quote by Dumbass Friend
So what? no-one will re-post
this for fear of being called racist

you call me:
"redneck"
"Hillbilly"
"Slaker"
"White Trash"
"Wope"
"Cracker"
"Honkey"
"Whitey"
"Gringo"
"Sage"
and you think it's OK?

But when I call you:
"jungle bunny"
"spear chucker"
"coon"
"wet back"
"jiggaboo"
"porch monkey"
"sand ******"
"rag head"
"towelhead"
"Camel Jockey"
"Gook"
"Spook"
"******"
"KIKE"
"slant eyes"
or "Chink"
you call me a racist.

-You have the United Negro College Fund.

-You have Martin Luther King Day.

-You have Black History Month.

-You have Cesar Chavez Day.

-You have Yom Hashoah

-You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

-You have the NAACP.

-You have BET.

-If we had WET
(white entertainment television)
...we'd be racist.

-If we had a White Pride Day...
you would call us racist.

-If we had White History Month...
we'd be racist.

-If we had an organization for only
whites to "advance" our lives
...we'd be racist.

-If we had a college fund that only
gave white students scholarships...
you know we'd be racist.

-In the Million Man March,
you believed that you were
marching for your race and rights.
If we marched for our race and rights...
you would call us racist.

-Did you know that some high
school students decided to make
a club for only the white students
because the other ethnicities had them.
they all got sent to court for being
racist but the african-american,
Latino, and Asia clubs
were not even questioned.

-You are proud to be black, brown,
yellow and orange, and you're
not afraid to announce it. But when
we announce our white pride,
you call us racists.

I am white.

and

I am proud.

But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Now watch, I'll be racist for reposting this

So what? no-one will re-post this for fear of being called racist

if you agree w/ this than repost saying."i'm not RACIST but this is true
well he didnt write it but its still ignorant as fuuck.

Even with al those things white are still so far ahead of all other minorities, and thats not a good thing.
Tell him to stop being a whiny bitch.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
People just love to complain. It's a fact of life.

I'm glad I'm white though. God I love being white.
I am the Infantry.
I agree with it. Not all of it, though. Let's just say, I would not post it on a MySpace bulletin.
No. In fact, he is right.
Yesterday I was talking with someone, and to mention someone I said "the black one". Suddenly, apparently I hated blacks.
So I just told him "what's the difference between saying "the blonde", and "the black"?

Stop with the dumb anti racism obsession. The man is black, so to point him, you can say "the black one" just as you can say "the blond one" or "the one with blue eyes".
And I don't have anything against blacks. In fact, I'm now speaking with a black friend over MSN.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Why is he racist? Just curious...

I wouldn't say it's racist per se, but he's whining about being a majority. It's like, y'know why there's no association for the advancement of white people? Because we're already at an advantage compared to blacks and latinos!
He's not a racist, just jealous from the looks of things, and ignorant of all the opportunites and advantage he has from beign white.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Tell him that once his ancestors have suffered slavery and racism, and when he himself is subject to racial prejudice by a majority, he can think about posting it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
It's just one of those copy&paste ones. It has fair points, but a wouldn't say he's a racist.
You see he does have point. It is just accepted that other races are minorities because the white man has had much success in history. Most geographical teritorries were colonized by whites, and the stereotype of a successful, liberating, stronger white race was formed. Not without reason of course. Whites have in fact been more successful in history.

You see what I'm getting at? It's like people will not think bad of a weaker person attacking a stronger person, but they will definitely have negative feelings towards a stronger person attacking a weaker person. Kind of like - "You've been more successful in history why would you keep rubbing it in?"
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
for the record, theres no such thing as race anyways

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
I actually agree though. In America sometimes the government goes a tad to far for "equality."
Quote by ckellingc
puffycow, you rock

Quote by Krieg Commando
Puffycow, you've got mojo

touch me
It's not racist, and he has a point.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Yes it's racist, even if he's right he's still just using it as an excuse to post a bunch of racist terms...tell him to grow up

His bulletins really aren't gonna change the world
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Don't really agree with the name calling thing but that's because I've never in any way been a victim of racism for being white, and none of the "anti-white" expressions mean anything at all to me.

I agree with the rest of it though, definitely. If you're proud of being white, then you're a racist.
Your friend is an idiot. Possibly not quite racist but certainly almost as stupid as one.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
i completely agree with it and have thought about it and complained about it before. im not racist at all. dont care what colour your skin is or whatever, i just think what he said is true
Free Speech, I Agree With You're Friend Entirely!!!
Last edited by doomed1 at Feb 24, 2008,
i see his point, but its still wrong
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
he may be racist, but most of that isnt. i completely agree with it, a lot of attempts to be non-racist or politically correct, like black history month, or clubs for specific ethnicities, are in their own way racist, especially since whites doing this would be called racist themselves. but its a fine line, you have to remember that whites have been historically racist towards just about everyone else they've ever encountered, and in a lot of places whites form the majority.
if white people lived in a place where they were the minority, they probably could and would form a "white club". they might get called racist, but in that case it wouldn't be.

your friend just needs to think a little more and look at the subject from different angles.
Quote by whatamidoinhere
Yes it's racist, even if he's right he's still just using it as an excuse to post a bunch of racist terms...tell him to grow up

His bulletins really aren't gonna change the world

No...its not racist, not in my eyes anyway.
Damn right I agree with that. Everything said there is true.

Then theres the issue about black's caling each other nigger. But as soon as a white calls them a nigger they take it to offence.
Quote by willy_99
i completely agree with it and have thought about it and complained about it before. im not racist at all. dont care what colour your skin is or whatever, i just think what he said is true

He's complaining about not having a TV channel and a couple of public holidays for God's sake.

Quote by Lead guitarist
Damn right I agree with that. Everything said there is true.

Then theres the issue about black's caling each other nigger. But as soon as a white calls them a nigger they take it to offence.

Do you feel a particular need to call black people ******s? Who cares?
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
True though.

The other day I tried to access a public swimming pool. Turns out it was reserved for muslims only, so I wasn't allowed in because of my race.

Imagine if it has been the other way round.

"White people only" swimming pool.

Place would have been sued and on the news.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
He has a point. I'm hispanic. But there could be a never-ending argument for this type of thing. And both sides have reasoning to some extent. Just leave it how it is.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb