I've been lookin for a new guitar since the old washburn I have right now is pissing me off cuz the crappy tremelo bridge won't work correctly...

I've been to the two Guitar Centers close to where I live looking for these guitars so that I could have the chance to play them. The Ibanez RGR421EXFM and the RGT42FX. I've played the RG2EX1 and I really liked how that played compared to a few others I tried. I like the thin neck and the placement of the fixed bridge.

So here's my question, is there a difference in the tonal or overall quality due to construction and material used between the RG4321EXFM and the RGT42FX? The only main difference I can see is that the RGT has a 5 piece Neck-Thru while the RG has a 3 piece something, doesn't specify so is it safe to assume a bolt-on? The pickups are different as well too but those can always be changed out, which I might plan to do anyways.

So is the $180 difference in the pricetag worth the neck-thru design? Or is there more to it?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
I guess I forgot to mention that I didn't get a chance to play those two guitars cuz they didn't have them there. Sorry.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
No one has any experience with these two guitars?

Bumping allowed here? Cuz I just did it...
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
if you have the money for an RGT42, you have the money for an RG1570.

the prestige line blows away the non-prestige RGs in quality. the neckthrough design in the RGT42 is nice and i guess the mahogany wood is a bonus, but the basswood in the prestige RGs sounds fine to me. the heel of the neck isn't that big of a difference with ibanez bolt-ons: i used to have an RGTCR2, and the only place where i lose playability with the bolt-on is the 7th, 6th, and 5th string around the 20-24th fret (where you're very unlikely to use those low strings anyways).

bottom line, forget about the RGT42, buy the RG1570.

edit: oops checked the prices i was thinking about the RGT42DXFM which is 630. the rg1570 is only 750 anyways go for it regardless.
I actually wanted to stay away from tremelo bridges and wanted a fixed one.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10