I've heard mixed opinions on them.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
no point asking anyone, half the world's guitarists love them, half hate them.
you gotsa play one for yourself to find out
Rockin' shit
dude just depends what your getting i like them all of course my band covers nile pantera and slayer peace just try and find on you like
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
when you say mid range... you mean what? 600-700$?

in that case almost every BC rich ive played (mostly mockingbirds) were great...
depends what you mean by midrange...
and personally i like them...it comes down to personal preference really
This is what I hear:

Bolt-ons: Aren't good

$700+ Rich's: Good

Custom Shop: Really good, but they'er super expensive. (I think).

I just want to find a BC Rich Mockingbird SL, if not, an ST will do.
You can find equal or better guitars for cheaper. Once you get into the higher price ranges, they tend to be decent to good. Basically, though, if you are getting a B.C. Rich you are generally always paying at least a little more that you would for the same quality guitar from another company, though.
Quote by Matheau
You can find equal or better guitars for cheaper. Once you get into the higher price ranges, they tend to be decent to good. Basically, though, if you are getting a B.C. Rich you are generally always paying at least a little more that you would for the same quality guitar from another company, though.

This is probably true, but I don't think you can get the same feel of a BC Rich from another company.
I played the Mockingbird ST (about £400-500) and absolutely loved it.

I'm now badly GASing for one and highly considering it as my next guitar. It's all about your own opinion as I'm sure there are people who hate the ST
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I'm looking of getting the Kerry King V which cost about 690 USD so would be better than the Metal Master version of this guitar.
NJ mockingbirds are pretty good
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Well £300 gets you an alder body, a Dimarzio super distortion and an OFR. so yes.
For £500 you can get the chuck schuldiner tribute model, a couple of years ago I'd say avoid unless it's NJ but now they're getting better.
dont go asking about BC rich's in this forum. all you'll get are biased opinions. some people hate them, others swear by them. you have to try it for yourself