I definitely want to purchase one once I graduate high school. Does anyone here own one or has anyone played one? They're quite expensive, but a local guitar store here carries used Suhrs that are only 1,000 USD.

And what makes them so special, anyway?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
I definitely want to purchase one once I graduate high school. Does anyone here own one or has anyone played one? They're quite expensive, but a local guitar store here carries used Suhrs that are only 1,000 USD.

And what makes them so special, anyway?

I tried a few out, a local store (http://www.rocketmusic.net/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home )
carries suhr guitars. I played on an SSH . To be completely honest, I don't think I would buy one because of one major gripe...the necks felt like a yamaha pacifica strat. The pickups were great, very dynamic and harmonic. The tone knobs were a little slow at turning and felt a little cheap. The trem was quite amazing though, I was able to do a few dives with it and it remained in tune, thanks to the Sperzel locking tuners. I do have to say though, they have some amazing quilts, I mean, amazing.

I'm also not much of a blues player though, and I was trying out the amps in the store, but I did use that guitar.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I'm not much of a blues player either, but thanks for the comment.

So the neck feels cheap? That's interesting--I was really close to trying one out at the store, but I chose not to.

I'll keep on the look out, though. Thanks.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
i've tried, er, one. it was nice, but not worth the £2000 (that's $4000) they go for here. I preferred a tyler i tried, but that was even more money.

at that kind of money, though, you have a load of options. I'd prefer to go custom myself. none of those i tried were as nice as my legra.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the comments.

Just wondering your guys' take on it. I'll be on the look out for Gibsons, Ibanez, PRS, Carvin, etc.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
eh, you have a bunch of options to be honest... tyler, huber, suhr, tom anderson, etc. etc.

problem is finding somewhere to try them all head to head. I know in the UK there are about 5 or 6 shops (if even that) where you can do that (and none in northern ireland or eire ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mark Knopfler plays a Suhr.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Mark Knopfler plays a Pensa...
http://www.pensaguitars.com/intro.htm

John Suhr (the builder of the Suhr-guitars you're talking about) was one a employee with Pensa...
It became Pensa-Suhr or something... gotta figure that out... and after a while Suhr started to make his own guitars (Suhr)...

Knopfler uses Pensa's... so the ones built by Pensa

MK-1 and 2's to be more precise
Last edited by JvL at Feb 25, 2008,