would smoking near/on a guitar affect the finish at all?
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
I don't think so, but it might discolor the nut and bridge (if it is acoustic). I wouldn't worry about it
Yes, it stains it dark yellowish. Same with your lungs.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
it depends on what the finish is made of. If it's poly then it won't be much of a problem. If the finish is nitro, then white finishes will yellow. If you like the way the neck looks, then don't put a cigarette in between the tuners; look at EVH's guitar, they have scorch marks on the neck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by BluesLP1990
how do you smoke on a guitar?

Imagine a guitarist with the conbimned skills ot John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Jason Becker and Yngwie...

I'll call the fire department...

EDIT -

Yngwie is fat.
And that was possibley the cheesiest thing ever, which was deliberate. Incase you hadn't geussed.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Nov 26, 2008,
If you've got a white one with a certain type of paint that they used to use then it'll turn a nice cream colour. Randy Rhoads' Les Paul used to be white, dunno if it was smoke or what though that changed it's colour gradually.
check the eddy van halen guitar, you see some spots on top. I think it looks cool
Let's Have A Game On A Teddy Picker

Squier Mod Stratocaster Arctic White
Vox DA20
Quote by _BucketHead_
If you have an alpine white LP then I wouldn't smoke in the same room as it

Sorry, but I find it amusing that _Buckethead_ said the thing about the Alpine White Les Paul!
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
Imagine a guitarist with the conbimned skills ot John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Jason Becker and Yngwie...

I'll call the fire department...

...that was possibly the gayest thing that has ever been said.
what about the dude from KISS, he put smoke bombs in his guitars.....did that ever effect the finish?
Quote by BluesLP1990
...that was possibly the gayest thing that has ever been said.

Actually I found that quite funny. It was so cheesy that it COULDN'T be gay.
If you have a quality guitar with a nitro finish, not a cheap mass-produced polyurethane finish, it will yellow the clear coat. On certain colors this tint will be far more pronounced than others; on a black guitar you would hardly notice, but a white guitar will fade to a vintage yellow.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join