Right, ive been going to this 'guitar workshop' type of thing on saturdays for 5 weeks called Totally Talented (i know, very gay name). Ive already had a stalker incident while ive been there (before my second week, the guy who runs it has a daughter who read the forms i filled in to join which had my phone number on, and she wouldnt stop texting me, so i told her straight). Anyway, so two weeks ago a new guitarist and bassist joined, Adam and Gareth, Adam is a great laugh and all, and a good bassist, but Gareth is basically an arrogant twat He shows off a lot, takes every opportunity to do a crappy solo, even when the singer is singing which in my mind is kinda wrong. I had the lead in all the songs i was doing, and the people who were running it were all happy with it, until he came. They basically gave all my lead roles to the new guy on his first day, so i was really annoyed to start with. Then yesterday, we started a new song, Summer of fucking '69 by Brian Adams ¬_¬ So once again, i got the handed the sheet with the chords on it, then the prick comes over and starts sayin shit like 'Are you ok with the chords?' and 'Can you handle the chords?'. I honestly felt like dragging him into the car park and killing him with his own guitar.

But... On the other hand, i really enjoy it because the other guitarists there are great to perform with, a great laugh, and they have taught me a hell of a lot. They have a lot of experience. Theyre a bunch of old blokes, one has done a lot of session work including with Hank Marvin and George Harrison, and the other one was a roadie with Hank Marvin. I enjoy the performances and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1QbVJzG96Y
On this vid, are two of the guitarists, Les on the left at the back, Kenny in the middle in the background, and Adam on bass. Also the girl singing on the right is the stalker x)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_06n_Ml7hQ
This is a vid of yesterday. My friend Lewis on the drums, me next to the drums on the sunburst line6 (just look for the one who looks the most bored), a random woman singing, Adam on bass and Gareth on the red epi SG ¬_¬

So, almighty Pit, i pose the question, should i quit or stay?

EDIT: In b4 wall of text.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Last edited by andyd93 at Aug 2, 2008,
Quote by andyd93
So once again, i got the handed the sheet with the chords on it, then the prick comes over and starts sayin shit like 'Are you ok with the chords?' and 'Can you handle the chords?'. I honestly felt like dragging him into the car park and killing him with his own guitar.

Stay.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
stay, dont let the kid get you down. are you here for yourself or for him? if for yourself then stay and learn!
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Challenge him to a head-cutting contest a la Crossroads
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Darling you've got to let me knowwww, Should I stay or should I go?

Stay. Ignore the prick.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
i really want to know what novel you copy pasted and where i can find novels online like you did.

EDIT: well it had a cliffhanger at the end but the character should definitely confront the jerk.
Last edited by bendystraw at Feb 24, 2008,
Discuss it with the people who run it. Ask them politely to ask him to leave. I know how annoying people like him can be, I've been in a similar situation before.
Sorry if this is off topic, but about that girl reading your details off a form...

A guy I know did the same for a girl (in class) and wouldn't leave her alone vera email and text, yet he'd never spoken to her. Sounds like people like to do that sorta thing? Weird as hell.
Challenge him to a duel if you're so inclined.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Steve The Plank
That's not a youngster singing in the second vid.

That Gareth kid looks like a twat when doing the solo thing at the end, and did he play some really awful sounding wrong notes there, or was that just me? :S

I know lol, the first vid is the stalker girl who is 13, the one in the second vid is mid 40's i think...
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Steve The Plank
That's not a youngster singing in the second vid.

That Gareth kid looks like a twat when doing the solo thing at the end, and did he play some really awful sounding wrong notes there, or was that just me? :S

Yes he did lol, but the camera's sound quality did nobody any favours x)

I have an idea that is reommended by the drummer in that vid... I play a lot of SRV stuff, i love blues, and i can play some SRV songs pretty damn well lol. Does the Pit suggest epic pwnage on video?
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
u should stay man, and kill this prick if u hav too!! i hate people like that!
Melt his face with an awesome solo and humiliate him in front of everyone!

Stay.
Quote by DistantScreams
Awwwww.... CaptainBec that was messed up

Why? Because I rap about reality? Like me and my grandma having a cup of tea?
There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party - heey - ho!
maybe he doesnt realize what hes doing. tell him straight up to give you some lead parts and stop being arrogant. If refuses, quit or kick his ass.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Andy you sound good in the second video (haven't watched the other yet) - the whole band sounds really tight and I was suprised at how good it all sounded.

But that guy on lead with the Epi, honestly - he played alot of duff notes and I don't really see what he was mean't to be doing - it wasn't awful but he wasn't very good for a rehearsed song.
I know he wont give me any lol. I just friggin hate the fact that a guy started nearly a month after me, and the people who run it (that know i can play the lead parts that they gave me) take the parts from me and give them all to a n00b leaving me with the crap at the bottom of the pile.

^Cheers Jack. He is so ****ing arrogant in performances
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Maybe you should ask to play lead in a song. Btw both videos sound great! That "stalker girl" has a suprisingly good voice as well.

Edit - Yeah he came across as the least into it by a considerable distance and the least experienced.
Fight fire with fire! Show him how to be a REAL arsehole!

OR

You could just stay and get along with everyone else still, just leave him to do his own thing on his own and not pay him the attention he craves.
you could have atleast told me in person man

haha j/k
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Ill upload some vids of me playing my kind of stuff in the next few days.

^LMAO x)
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
just ask him nicely to share the lead rolls, you sound much better than him and deserve them. Also the girl on the left was way hotter than the stalker. If worse comes to worse give his phone number, AIM, Myspace, list of greatest fears, to the stalker girl.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
x) I know what you mean, the other girl is ok. Stalker girl is fine to talk to since the whole problem got sorted out lol. Other girl is pretty annoying x) But what do i care, i need to stop any distractions atm, im doing pretty badly at school
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Lol at the comments dudes x) Assumethatposition is a legend LMAO
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
I know he wont give me any lol. I just friggin hate the fact that a guy started nearly a month after me, and the people who run it (that know i can play the lead parts that they gave me) take the parts from me and give them all to a n00b leaving me with the crap at the bottom of the pile.

^Cheers Jack. He is so ****ing arrogant in performances

Perhaps because they know you can play them, they are giving him a chance?

I'm not saying you shouldn't get any, which is what it seems like. In the second video you were a lot better.
Last edited by SaXXoN at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by SaXXoN

I'm not saying you shouldn't any, which is what it seems like. In the second video you were a lot better.

This is actually probably why - why the hell didn't I think of that?
New plan, don't quit, just get all of us to comment the video saying how much better you are. Then maybe the organisers will get the jist of it
Quote by SaXXoN

I'm not saying you shouldn't get any, which is what it seems like. In the second video you were a lot better.

I honestly wouldnt mind if that was the case, but they have actually given the parts i was playing to him, plus all the new songs we have started
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
LMAO x) The videos have been removed!!
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Arent my vids. They were filmed and uploaded by the people who run the thing. They were probably taken off for criticisms in comments x)
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
yeah dude dont let one asshole ruin what seems to be a great experience. tell him to simmer down. do the other guys feel the same about him?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Nah, the other guitarists are fine with him. Just me and my mate (drummer) who find him arrogant and annoying.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Just been looking through the threads I've posted, thought I'd update y'all.

I ended up staying for about 4 more weeks, but I kept on getting moaned at by the people who own it, so I quit. On my last day there, I cranked everything I had there, and played a few songs with my drummer mate. I got given some forms to fill in to bring back the next week, but then I found a Sharpie, wrote 'NO TT!' over them, filling the page, then left them at the front desk on the way out. The woman owner rang my house the next day, my mum had a go, then she asked to speak to me, so I indulged in the piss-taking too My mate went the next week, did what I did on my last time, then told the two owners to shove their band up their arse. He got a call the next day too, where he told them what he though of the whole thing.

I've seen the owner and the stalker around, on the way to school, I often drive past their car, flicking a V with a big ****ing grin on my face.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN