Well i am looking to get the sound of bands like shadows fall, trivium, and atreyu but the distortion from my amp doesn't sound that good(for that type of music). I have a ehx metal muff but it just isnt the sound of what im looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions?
The only other option is an MT2.

You could probably EQ the metal muff to give you a good sound though.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i have a Digitech "DeathMeatal", and it almost gives me more than i want....
!GEAR!

Epiphone '07 Faded Cherry G-400
Martin 00CXRAE Grand Concert
Spider III 75 watt
Fender Premium Celluloid Mediums
Dunlop Slash Crybaby Wah
Quote by KOTAZ
i have a Digitech "DeathMetal", and it almost gives me more than i want....

Fixed

The DM pedal is pants. I have one and i HATE it so much, it sounds so inaudible and fuzzy.

Ifyou want a good tone i suggest getting a new amp, Metal amps for practicing, jamming and **** like that are stuff like roland cube30 - cube 60, just research i suppose.
Quote by yoyodunno
New amp.
Or maybe try the damage control demonizer..

edit, no the ds1 won't get the distortion you want

I also have a boss Ds-1, and its also crap for metal.

I have a roland cube 60 and the distortion on that is better than both my pedals combined.But im upgrading in a couple of months(see sig )

I dont know why you're looking for this tone (bedroom session, practicing, jamming, in a band) so i cant reccomend much for ya.
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Last edited by eggo_boi_15 at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by dudetheman
The only other option is an MT2.

You could probably EQ the metal muff to give you a good sound though.

If you ever get to a point in your life when "the only other option is an MT2" then it's time to end it all...

TS, what amp do you have? It might be more cost effective to save up for a decent amp rather than shelling out for pedals that might be cheaper but won't solve the problem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If you ever get to a point in your life when "the only other option is an MT2" then it's time to end it all...

TS, what amp do you have? It might be more cost effective to save up for a decent amp rather than shelling out for pedals that might be cheaper but won't solve the problem.

+1

EDIT:

Psst- Steven seagull you havnt replied to my Pm i sent you
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.