I have the 60th anniversary strat and a Line6 Spider 2 amp. What could I do to improve sustain a little bit?
Vibrato, have you tried that?

If so, then I suggest either turning up the volume and distortion or getting a new amp.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Make sure the guitar is set up to maximize its potential. If you don't know how to do it I would take it to a tech for a complete set-up.
If you have already done that then the next two things to address are technique and EQ. May want to add some gain.
Think about a tube combo later.
You could also go the compressor pedal route, but I don't recommend that with the Line 6.
if you are comfortable with heavy modification, a 20K tube screamer pot may do the trick. I also recommend the Rocktron Big Crush pedal. It boosts up the sustain on my not so hot pickups twenty fold.
on the brink of extinction.
Your guitar's also probably part of the problem. Strats are bolt- on, and therefore have inferior sustain to set-neck and neck- thru guitars.
I respectfully disagree. When discussing poorly made cheap guitars with low tolerance neck pockets the bolt-ons tend to have less sustain. A high quality guitar like a MIA or MIJ Strat has a lot of natural sustain. Quality of wood, thickness of the neck and other factors are also very important.
Quote by uldhppi
Make sure the guitar is set up to maximize its potential.

He can't do that.
He's running the guitar through a Line 6 spider amp!!
There for, no matter how well the guitar is set up, the amp will ruin everything..
line 6's normally have agood sustain on distortion.

but since he has a line six he should have little to no sustain at all

nobody wants to hear a line six amp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your guitar's also probably part of the problem. Strats are bolt- on, and therefore have inferior sustain to set-neck and neck- thru guitars.

some people... You do know that a properly bolted bolt on neck ex. MIA Strat will have just as much or more sustain as a set neck? The only time a bolt on has less NOTICEABLE sustain is if the neck doesn't fit properly in the neck pocket.

pwnt
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Moe.
He can't do that.
He's running the guitar through a Line 6 spider amp!!
There for, no matter how well the guitar is set up, the amp will ruin everything..

They're actually good amps...

Let's not turn this into a Spider debate.
do u have the 75 watt?
b/c i have the 150 watt spider III
and it kicks ass
and the sustain is huge but then again i have a guitar with a mahogany body and maple top, with humbuckers too
but yeah it all depends on what line 6 u have, which one is it?
I have the 15-watt, and it works pretty good. I dont get why you guys hate Line6
it just sounds so generic

like i would play with them just never a show

bedroom jamming yes

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.