Page 1 of 2
Alrighty, Aidy needs an all-purpose shred beast.

£500 is the absolute max, though if you could go under, that would be ace. Versatility is the name of the game- hard and heavy in the bridge, but I also like my slightly lighter alt. rock, too!

My current guitars are a single-pickup Musicman SUB 1 and a Schecter C1 Hellraiser. My amp's a Randall RG50TC and I intend on buying a Boss GT-10 soon, too.

I play dark, catchy alt-rock with shreddy influences thrown in. Think Kill Hannah jamming with Marilyn Manson, then Joe Satriani comes in for some fun.

Thanks in advance!
if youre interested im selling a black RR3 with a beautiful finish, floyd rose and shark fin inlays for pretty cheap.
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
you could get a Ibanez S470 =]
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
ibanez rg1570?

an OLP and bc rich gunslinger now have OFRs, but whether they're any good is anyone's guess.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ibanez rg1570?

an OLP and bc rich gunslinger now have OFRs, but whether they're any good is anyone's guess.

Between 2003 and 2007 my main live bass was an OLP MM2, and it was pretty nice! In my experience, OLPs are rather nice and they sort of look like Matt Bellamy's old Peavey Wolfgang.

An Ibanez 1570's an option, but the one problem is that when I played live with my old GRG170DX the top horn used to poke into my ribs. Whether I'm just a skinny git or the top horn's REALLY sharp, it hurt.

The jackson seems sexy- I'll track one down.
ESP MH is an option. The only thing is, I think your price range is below the MH-1000, so basically you would be buying another Hellraiser. One of Schecter FR guitars is also an option. I would assume your Hellraiser is not an FR version, you could just get the FR version of that (and it would feel like your other guitar).

Otherwise, I would say an Ibanez Prestige or ESP M if you are looking for something a little different.

The ESP LTD F-2E looks pretty good, except it probably needs a pick-up switch (but it is cheap enough you should be able to do that).

You have a pretty decent price range to work with, so I would go try things out and see what is most comfortable for you. I would personally go with the Ibanez 2550Z, myself, but that might not be what would be most comfortable or sounds best for you.
+1 for the DK2M...

The white one is so damn sexy and the LFR is solid too...
+1 to the ibanez S470 and jackson Dk2m

i wish id got the DK2m instead of my dkmg really
Top lel.
You can also look at the Ibanez RG 1570 -- that is within budget. Good seller. Personally I like the Ibanez range at your budget -- you are never getting a bargain, but you are generally getting your money's worth. I cool on them as they get over the £500 barrier.

Here is a useful link.

http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/guitar-lessons/floyd-rose-trem.htm
Stop showing off and play the music!
Quote by Aidy Damage
Between 2003 and 2007 my main live bass was an OLP MM2, and it was pretty nice! In my experience, OLPs are rather nice and they sort of look like Matt Bellamy's old Peavey Wolfgang.

An Ibanez 1570's an option, but the one problem is that when I played live with my old GRG170DX the top horn used to poke into my ribs. Whether I'm just a skinny git or the top horn's REALLY sharp, it hurt.

The jackson seems sexy- I'll track one down.

oh, ok. just be aware, you may need a trem swap with the jackson. it's allegedly one of the nicer licensed ones (aside from gotohs, edges and schallers), but i still wasn't all that fussed with the one i tried. i hear it's a direct swap for an OFR, but that is hearsay (and even if it is true, it's extra expense).

Quote by Peter Hayes
You can also look at the Ibanez RG 1570 -- that is within budget. Good seller. Personally I like the Ibanez range at your budget -- you are never getting a bargain, but you are generally getting your money's worth. I cool on them as they get over the £500 barrier.

agreed. the rg1570 and rga121 are really quite nice guitars, and have quite a bit of bang for the buck (if you're willing to switch pickups)... but they don't really get much nicer (in my experience) unless you stump up for a j-custom, and that's getting expensive very quickly... and at j-custom prices, there are a lot of options other than ibanez.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, by the looks of it, the Jackson's looking more and more attractive, seeing as it won't be needing a pickup change.

However, the cheaper Ibanezes would be nice with a pickup change if it weren't for the Edge III... as far as the tuning went on the one I tried, I may as well have a Bigsby.
Ibanez S series (loads under £500)
Ibanez RG prestige (A few under £500)
BC Rich guitars (a lot of them are now with OFRs, I'd go for a BC Rich gunslinger retro )
Washburn X40 pro (I'm pretty sure you can get these under £500)

These are the ones straight off the head
Hmmm... they all seem rather nice.

I'm also into my alt rock, so perhaps something with singlecoils in the neck and middle would be nice.
Quote by Aidy Damage
Hmmm... they all seem rather nice.

I'm also into my alt rock, so perhaps something with singlecoils in the neck and middle would be nice.

Well I know Jackson does do them BUT the tremolo won't be decent and will need a swap which will cost more than a pickup swap.

Personally, owning an S470, I know the only pickup that needs changing straight away on it is the bridge humbucker, the neck one as is the middle one.
Though if you want pickups and the trem, I'd go for the red BC Rich gunslinger retro, Dimarzio single coil in the neck, Dimarzio humbucker in the bridge, OFR.
Perfect
Quote by exitmusic
jackson dk2m dinky in snow white have a look at that

http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/1490-jackson_dk2m_dinky_electric_guitar

well within budget and comes with real duncans a jb and a jazz

+1
http://www.guitar.co.uk/guitars/electric/436-jackson_mg_series_dkmg_dinky_electric_guitar

check this out if you want something a little heavier.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by the memory
+1 to the ibanez S470 and jackson Dk2m

i wish id got the DK2m instead of my dkmg really

i used to think that for a while. Then i went to a store and tried out a DK2M and realized why i picked the DKMG in the first place, 1)the DKMGs neck is sooooooo much better 2) the intonation on mine is way better. the overall build quality is better. The EMGs are kind of growing on me because im playing heavier music. I still might switch them to Deactivators, Mustaines, or Duncan Distortions tho.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by Aidy Damage
Well, by the looks of it, the Jackson's looking more and more attractive, seeing as it won't be needing a pickup change.

i'm not a fan of those stock duncans either... they're better than the stock ibanez v-series, but I'd still probably end up changing those duncans eventually. the jackson doesn't "need" a pickup swap, but could still benefit from one, if you know what i mean. your mileage may vary, of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Well I know Jackson does do them BUT the tremolo won't be decent and will need a swap which will cost more than a pickup swap.

Personally, owning an S470, I know the only pickup that needs changing straight away on it is the bridge humbucker, the neck one as is the middle one.
Though if you want pickups and the trem, I'd go for the red BC Rich gunslinger retro, Dimarzio single coil in the neck, Dimarzio humbucker in the bridge, OFR.
Perfect

Seems nice! Anywhere where it's available in the UK?

Also, are Edge IIIs still bad after a good setup?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Ibanez S series (loads under £500)
Ibanez RG prestige (A few under £500)
BC Rich guitars (a lot of them are now with OFRs, I'd go for a BC Rich gunslinger retro )
Washburn X40 pro (I'm pretty sure you can get these under £500)

These are the ones straight off the head

The X40 is the best guitar at under £300 today -- no questions asked. Total failure at original list price, but not a rip off at twice that!

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=67531&gclid=CLnF0fyp4JECFQmVMAodFW-pWg
Stop showing off and play the music!
Quote by Aidy Damage

i wouldn't trust one. with £500, you can get a guitar with a known good trem. I don't see the point in risking a suspected crap one. it's a false economy.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i wouldn't trust one. with £500, you can get a guitar with a known good trem. I don't see the point in risking a suspected crap one. it's a false economy.

I guess it'd be like taking Tesco Value over Marks and Spencers...

So far, it's between the DK2 and RG1570!
yeah, basically (tesco v m&s).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Aidy Damage

projectmusic.net has the BC Rich retro's.
And Ibanez S470s are everywhere

And yeah pretty much if you're planning on an Edge III guitar also plan to buy an OFR to drop straight in there. (direct swap).
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i used to think that for a while. Then i went to a store and tried out a DK2M and realized why i picked the DKMG in the first place, 1)the DKMGs neck is sooooooo much better 2) the intonation on mine is way better. the overall build quality is better. The EMGs are kind of growing on me because im playing heavier music. I still might switch them to Deactivators, Mustaines, or Duncan Distortions tho.

my only issue with the dk2m is the inlays.
i guess they would wear off after a while and itd be REALLY noticeable...
Top lel.
Quote by Aidy Damage
I guess it'd be like taking Tesco Value over Marks and Spencers...

So far, it's between the DK2 and RG1570!

lets see here
Ibanez RG Jackson DK2
====== ========
Basswood body | Alder Body Winner:Jackson (More like a strat)
Edge Trem* |Licenced Floyd Winner:Jackson
crappy ibanez pups|SD JB/Jazz Winner: Jackson
$749 usd |$599 usd Winner: Jacskon
Wizard neck | jackson neck Winner: tie

i was bored

just my personal opinion.

*Ive heard many horror stories about Edge Trems going sharp and staying there. I have a Licenced floyd on mine and its not perfect but its a solid trem.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
bc rich wartribe has a kahler in it, pretty similar, only 450.00
My Gear:
Schecter Omen 6 ( Seymour Duncan SH - 8 Invader Bridge, GFS Crunchy Rails Neck )
Jackson JS30DKT Dinky™ Hard tail ( Stock Pickups )
Fender Squire Stratocaster ( Stock Pickups )
Vox AD15VT Amplifier
Quote by Fuzzbox91
lets see here
Ibanez RG Jackson DK2
====== ========

i was bored

*Ive heard many horror stories about Edge Trems going sharp and staying there. I have a Licenced floyd on mine and its not perfect but its a solid trem.

the ibanez edge pro is a much nicer trem than the jackson one. it's the edge III you've heard horror stories about. and basswood versus alder is preference. I think the jackson is maybe a little cheaper here, but the ibanez comes with a case.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I tried all of the above guitars and didn't like them. =/

Tuning all of them was a bitch, and none of them felt as nice as my Schecter C1 Hellraiser or my Musicman SUB...
back to the drawing board, then?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
back to the drawing board, then?

Indeed. I'm even debating not getting a floyd at all, although I like playing with a whammy bar to give it a whack and get the gargly thing like John Petrucci does in the solo for Under a Glass Moon, and some surf-ish stuff. Perhaps an occasional divebomb, too.
Schecter Damien FR

i was playing 1 at guitar center and came back the next day to buy it and they had a hellraiser fr which i bought because i liked the pups and the feel was about the same and the emg hz's are pretty good that come with the damien
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
lets see here
Ibanez RG Jackson DK2
====== ========

i was bored

Body wood is personal preference.
Edge Pro is much better than the Licensed Jackson trem. The bad one you are thinking of is the Edge III
The Ibanez pick-ups really arn't that bad especially the V7. But the Duncans are better, the Jackson wins there.
Personal preference again. The Ibanez is a 5 piece with an AANJ, it wins design wise but other than that it is which one he thinks feel better.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by Aidy Damage
Indeed. I'm even debating not getting a floyd at all, although I like playing with a whammy bar to give it a whack and get the gargly thing like John Petrucci does in the solo for Under a Glass Moon, and some surf-ish stuff. Perhaps an occasional divebomb, too.

maybe something with a wilkinson and locking tuners/graphite nut? if you don't do any/too much crazy stuff, that might be a decent idea.

though for the crazy stuff, the floyd wins.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2