Poll: Which versions do you like better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which versions do you like better?
The Origional Beatles
15 34%
The "Across the Universe" version
1 2%
I liked both versions equally
9 20%
I have never seen the movie
11 25%
I like some from one, some from another
8 18%
Voters: 44.
Basically, I saw this movie in the theater because I was on Winter Leave, and my mom saw it on television. Basically, she LOVES the Beatles. Growing up, she collected every single one of their freaking albums, among others. She has a place in our entertainment cabinet set aside just for those 36 or so albums...so, of course, I took her to see it.

Now, I'm no Beatles expert, I think they were a pretty decent band, but I've got to say the vocals done by Joe Anderson in "Girl" and the new version of "Hey Jude" were pretty fantastic. However, the rest I feel fail in comparison to the true spirit of The Beatles. (Needless to say, it was a decent movie, with excellent choreography, but it still lacked some luster)

What version of the songs did you like better...the original Beatles, or the Across the Universe version?

\/\/ I half-expected something like that as the first response.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by Froddy
36 Beatles albums?

Albums, solo records, compilations, ect.

I haven't counted all of em'.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
I don't know the Across The Universe version, but I very much enjoy the song in its original format. I've always had a thing about Lennon's vocals, they're so much better on the early records, by around Sgt. Peppers time they sound very whiney.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
I loved Across the Universe, and I admit that some of the covers from the movie are pretty damn good, but nothing can really compare to the originals.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
I don't like either, and haven't seen or heard either. Hippies FTL.
The covers were really good, as was the movie, but ya gotta go with the originals!
My signature is stupid.
Evan Rachel Wood killed pretty much every song she did. Otherwise most of the covers were fairly well done. The choreography was god awful imo. If you watch the dance part of 'Come Together' carefully, you can see one of the dancers on the right side of the screen almost fall over.
I didn't pay attention to the movie. I spent most of the time snogging my then girlfriend.
I loved the movie. It was good, but nothing will ever beat the actual Beatles.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by i_am_teh_walrus
Evan Rachel Wood killed pretty much every song she did. Otherwise most of the covers were fairly well done. The choreography was god awful imo. If you watch the dance part of 'Come Together' carefully, you can see one of the dancers on the right side of the screen almost fall over.

I noticed that, too. However, in the beginning, after the girls sang the 2nd part of the first part of the first verse, when he was walking down the street, I thought that was very well done, especially turning the melody over to the man in the questionably pimpish suit.
Heh. I saw the end just yesterday at a church thing but I spent that time cuddling with some girl i met that day. I was confused but it was all good.

The covers sounded good though, and the storyline looked okay.

The Beatles make me intensely happy.
I voted boourns on the movie, it was awful, I wanted to punch Bono in the face when he was screaming "I am the Walrus" at me
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
i think my favorite song of the movie had to be "oh darlin". that "messed up" guitar that the dude was playing i think actually sounded bad ass. plus, a flying V with a bigsby? thats just sweet.

worst song: blackbird. i love the original, but that girls high pitched..."voice" was annoying on that one.

ps i think i might have over used "" but im okay with that.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.