so i was at this guitar tech's shop to get my epi SG's tuning peg repaired(dont know if anyone remembers that thread) and i guess the guy does appraisals too. there was this one guy talking to the tech and he was saying something like "yeah my dad left it to me when he died" this guy had gray hair and was in his fifties so if his dad bought it then this thing was old. i had too see it. so i lean in and its '57 Fender Strat in almost perfect condition. The tech said he would check out how much its going for and the man said that his two sons play so he couldnt give it to one of them since he would have to screw the other one over. so hes gonna just sell it. who should he give it to?

EDIT: changed the question
Last edited by deathbat831 at Feb 24, 2008,
My old guitar teacher had a VINTAGE Les Paul Gold Top, the second year they were made (I don't know my guitar history, but it had P90's and a spotless finish) and two vintage Fender Super Reverbs. I was only 9, too young to be awed

ANd I think this thread is in the wrong forum.

EDIT: And I played my Squier Bullet through one of the nicest amps in the world for TWO YEARS!

Woohoo!
Last edited by JMTrio134 at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by deathbat831
so i was at this guitar tech's shop to get my epi SG's tuning peg repaired(dont know if anyone remembers that thread) and i guess the guy does appraisals too. there was this one guy talking to the tech and he was saying something like "yeah my dad left it to me when he died" this guy had gray hair and was in his fifties so if his dad bought it then this thing was old. i had too see it. so i lean in and its '57 Fender Strat in almost perfect condition. The tech said he would check out how much its going for and the man said that his two sons play so he couldnt give it to one of them since he would have to screw the other one over. so hes gonna just sell it. anyway has anyone else ever laydeth their eyes on vintage gear like that?

i would give it to the son that was a better player.lol
I found a vintage Global LP clone in my friends's dad's attic. I re-strung it, and he gave it to me afterwards.

I also found a '73 Twin Reverb on Craigslist. I bought it.

+1 to moving this to GG&A, or Electric Guitar.
met a guy with a vintage les paul goldtop, uhm, my teacher has 2 old AC30s, and a fender concert amp, gibson custom from way back, uh... my guitar and amp are both about 20/30 years old
vintage gear makes me happy and sad.

Happy because its so beautiful and awesome, sad because i'll probably never be able to own a vintage guitar.
I LOVE playing vintage guitars. They just sound a crapload better, cause i played one from the 60's and like, it was pretty scratched up, few small dents, i wanted to buy it but my parents said no =[. I loved that thing. I ended up getting a new american strat.