im looking for a unit that i can record guitar with.. but also just jam and practice with from my guitar to laptop [no amplifier] and occasionally ill use it to record keyboards. i was looking into the maudio mobile pre.. but a bud of mine has it and when playing on my laptop.. it has no distortion, only clean sound. but this is probably just the software hes using .[?] im not looking for great quality or anything.. just to see what two guitars sound like in harmony and to jam at home. anything under 150 dollars would be great.
thanks!
Well I run a Line6 UX2(click to see the TonePort stuff) into my computer and it comes with the gearbox software for effects and Audacity records it pretty well(Always go cheap myself. It also works quite well with the Native Instruments Guitar Rig software if you cough up the cash for it. Gearbox isn't amazing but you can get some alright settings out of it. The UX1 is probably cheaper. Hopefully that rambling was helpful..

Edit: The GX is 69.99 on MF and the UX1 is 129.99, but the UX2 will run you 200. Once again hope I at least gave you something to look at.
Last edited by Tzuqris at Feb 24, 2008,