yo-
im looking to buy an amp
i play everything from blues to death metal
i have a vox bulldog distortion pedal which gives me the metal tone i want
as i have the pedal i dont see the point in getting a high-gain amp that couldnt produce a bluesy tone. so i started looking at amps like a finder blues junior (im on quite a tight budget) which give a blues tone that i really like. im just wondering if even with a good dist pedal an amp like this can produce a good metal tone or if there is some underlying voicing or somesuch thatll always hold it back.
Nah man

When i had my blues junior it sounded great with my metal muff. I wouldn't worry about it
Its a great amp
It will give you a metal tone, just not a very good one.
A fender Blues junior just isn't voiced for metal.
If you want an amp which can cover both metal and blues, look at a peavey classic.
With your dist pedal, you SHOULD be able to get metal.
And, it's Fender, not finder :P.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Alex S.
Nah man

When i had my blues junior it sounded great with my metal muff. I wouldn't worry about it
Its a great amp

+1.

I play one of the cleanest amps around (Fender Vibro Champ) and it can chug and scream with the big dogs when I slap my Metal Muff in front of it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by darkarbiter7
It will give you a metal tone, just not a very good one.
A fender Blues junior just isn't voiced for metal.
If you want an amp which can cover both metal and blues, look at a peavey classic.
With your dist pedal, you SHOULD be able to get metal.
And, it's Fender, not finder :P.

+1 to the Classic 30... It is definitely better voiced to handle gain. it should be fine...
My Blues Deluxe handles distortion pretty well. Right now i have an Ibanez Tubescreamer and it sounds great. I'm getting a distortion pedal soon (metal muff) and i'm confident it will sound fine.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
cheers for help- i might just get a tubescreamer or summit to put in frnt of it