Hey UG. I need Your help again. I'm wondering which pedal I should buy. I know that in the end of school - June/July I'll get a Ring Modulator. But now I've sold my Marshall and I have a bit of cash. So I thought I buy a new pedal. These are the pedals I'm thinking about:

MXR Micro Amp
MXR Blue Box
MXR Phase 90
EHX Small Stone
EHX Holy Grail
and... Ashbass Fuzzbrite - some kind of Mossrite Fuzzrite clone.

I play mostly The Chili Peppers. So I want John's solos. I already have a Big Muff and Boss DS-2 but I know that He uses his Mossrite a lot. So maybe that clone will help me achieve his solo tone. Anyway, what do You think? Which pedal should I get? Thanks, Karol.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Well just get the one that u think will fit ur style of music

i have a distortion pedal, and am thinking about getting a metal zone one.....
I play Metal, so it worx...
helpful?
But I can't play any of these effects untill I buy them. So I wanted some advices from people who played any of these. anyway, thanks Fenyx.
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Sell your boss and ibanez stuff... keep the bigmuff.... buy a phase 90, and a small clone, and a vox wah... or just don't buy efx and grab a better guitar... Budget?
I'm not sure what are You talking about... I think You don't actually know what Ibanez WH-10 is dude... it's the best WAH in the World and Vox certailny won't be better than WH-10 for RHCP stuff... why? Because John Frusciante uses Ibanez WH-10 for God's sake...
To sell the WH-10... sorry but it's really funny because it's very rare and so on and You are telling me that I should sell it... well... heh no
Plus John also uses Boss DS-2 so it really suits my style... I just want to ask which of these effects are the most important to me right now because I'm really confused. thx.
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
If i was in your position it would be between the Holy Grail and the Fuzzbrite, the other guitarist in my band's got an Ashbass Fuzzbrite and its a nice sounding pedal, but the Holy Grail is really fun to mess about with and it's a great sounding reverb. So i guess its just want you think would be more important to you. And never sell your wh10!!!!1
POST FINDER
at one point in time (cali era i think) john used the mxr phase 90

and i think he uses the holy grail now

wow your really intense on getting his actual equipment lol

ive been looking for the ch-1 and wh-10 for months now

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I haven't tried one, but have you considered an English Muff'n? Since John uses them now live instead of the muff, you might get a surprising John tone from it. I don't know though, maybe someone who owns one can say.
Gear:
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
Marshall TSL-601
Squire Strat
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I'm in a chain of memories, it's my will
mattreid222 owns English MuffN I think... but it's out of my price range...
I'd like to get John's solos so Fuzzbrite would help a lot but Holy Grail is a great reverb... so I don't know... A lot of people are asking me why do I have 2 dist pedals now so if I'd buy another one then it'll be even more questions 3?! heh... idk...
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
When has John used a fuzzbrite?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
In SA Tour He used Mossrite Fuzzrite (FuzzBrite is a clone of Mossrite)
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
I don't see why you'd need a Fuzzbrite for the Fuzzrite stuff, when you've got your muff anyway. Maybe ditch the CH-1, and look for a vintage CE-1 or CE-2? Small Stone over the Phase 90, too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
yeah... I think I'll sell my CH-1 and buy Small Stone (I barely use chorus). but now I think I'll go with that Fuzzbrite... it's cheap and sounds great.
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Quote by Karol1701
yeah... I think I'll sell my CH-1 and buy Small Stone (I barely use chorus). but now I think I'll go with that Fuzzbrite... it's cheap and sounds great.

Sounds like a plan.

What happened with your Strat, in the end?

I quite like the Fuzzrite and Fuzzbrite, they remind me of my Axis if I lose some of the drive, but with more treble.

They're kinda thin though. =/
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Feb 25, 2008,
I sold it now I have a Strat copy hich suuuuucks!!

it sounds like a plan and I will sell it tomorrow (CH-1)
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Quote by Highwaytohell
Sell your boss and ibanez stuff...

Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Karol1701
I sold it now I have a Strat copy hich suuuuucks!!

it sounds like a plan and I will sell it tomorrow (CH-1)

Cool, maybe put some of the money towards a new Strat? IMO the fuzzbrite isn't really nice.

Also, John doesn't use the Grail enough for you to justify buying it. Maybe look into a delay, and maybe base your sound around yourself more?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Feb 26, 2008,
Well I'm sure I'll get the Strat on my birthday - over 10 months remaining so I don't care about the Strat now. You know... You're right but it's not like that I use the same settings as John or something... I just think if He uses these effects so it means They're really good. So my sound is "moded" John's sound but I don't think I have John's sound because it's impossible John doesn't use the Holy Grail a lot?! wooww... I thought He uses it almost all the time...
Why do You think that Fuzzbrite isn't worth buying?
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
I don't really think you'd need any more than amp reverb for Fru's sound. He doesn't really use big reverb on much, apart from a few songs (arpeggio'd bridge in Hard To Concentrate?). Then again, he does have that Fender spring reverb sitting on the side of his pedalboard...

And I just don't like the treblyness of the Fuzzbrite, it's as though the only EQ band it's got over 0 is treble, all the way up to 10.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Now He doesn't have his Fender Reverb Unit so... and I think for Live Earth Intro He used a lot of reverb and I love that sound
yeah, I saw on Youtube some clips with it and it's veeeeery trebly... but You know... I'll use it on very bassy settings and with DS-2 (on bassy settings) so maybe it won't be as bassy as it is on that clip... now I know that I sell my CH-1 and buy Small Stone. But with the rest of the cash I don't know whato to do.
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
I don't really think you should be using a Fuzzbrite with bassy settings, it's meant to be a very trebly pedal. Maybe look into other fuzzes?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
But than do You think I need another fuzz? I wanted to buy it because John has Fuzzrite... that's the only reason. And I want to achieve John's solos sound.
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Quote by Karol1701
But than do You think I need another fuzz? I wanted to buy it because John has Fuzzrite... that's the only reason. And I want to achieve John's solos sound.

I don't think he uses it much. You'd notice him using it when his solos sound all thin and trebly. You're better off investing in something more useful.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Mhm... maybe if I'd sell CH-1 I could buy something more expensive. Maybe even now I could buy a Ring Modulator.
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Weren't you getting that anyway?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
yep but I'd get it faster... but I see it's a bit out of my price range now. So SMall Clone for sure
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Sorry for the double post.
I sold today my CH-1 for a really nice price. For that cash I'll buy EHX Small Stone. If somebody will finally buy my MG then I'll buy EHX #1 Echo. It's a delay pedal. I hope it's nice. I was thinking about buying just one pedal - EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai. But I'm not sure if I should get 1 nice or two also nice but not so good pedals. what do You think?
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Quote by Karol1701
Sorry for the double post.
I sold today my CH-1 for a really nice price. For that cash I'll buy EHX Small Stone. If somebody will finally buy my MG then I'll buy EHX #1 Echo. It's a delay pedal. I hope it's nice. I was thinking about buying just one pedal - EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai. But I'm not sure if I should get 1 nice or two also nice but not so good pedals. what do You think?

Noice, EHX's delays are really good. I think I've started to use my Deluxe Memory Man a little too much.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
heh... DMM is very expensive isn't it? but it's analog as far as I remember so it's worth that amount of money. I'm still changing my mind between MXR Micro Amp and EHX Small Stone. It's a hard choice but I'll go with EHX I think thanks Faisal!
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Quote by Karol1701
heh... DMM is very expensive isn't it? but it's analog as far as I remember so it's worth that amount of money. I'm still changing my mind between MXR Micro Amp and EHX Small Stone. It's a hard choice but I'll go with EHX I think thanks Faisal!

Yeah, amazing pedal.

Don't forget, John needs the Micro Amp for more output from his pickups, because they're vintage. It's on all the time, and using it the way he does wouldn't be much use to you. Get the Small Stone.

And you're welcome.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild