Page 1 of 2
I have a US Marine Corps sticker that i really like, where is the best place to put it, so that if i wanted to sell it i could get it off? i still want it visible. if i want to take it off, will goo gone chip off the paint? how else can i get it off?
No, it's not safe... If you do it you'll die!
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
It's not safe. Stickers on a guitar will result in your getting beat up.

Sticker+Guitar=Douchebag
Put it right between both of your pickups, assuming that's the kind of guitar you have.

Quote by TheBigNoobie

Sticker+Guitar=Douchebag

How's that make you a douchebag?
i'd never put a sticker on a decent guitar, unless it was on the back or something.

if it was some 40 year old piece of junk, then i'd suggest the bottom right corner.
Quote by TheBigNoobie

Sticker+Guitar=Douchebag

HAHA! lol. yeahgood point, buts its not like the sticker says i rule you suck. it says United States Marine Corps. but it is a pretty expensive guitar, so i wont do it. what do you people think i should put it on?
if i had to put stickers on a guitar, i would put so many there wouldnt be any of the original finish showing
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by impeachpedro10
if i had to put stickers on a guitar, i would put so many there wouldnt be any of the original finish showing

that wouldent look too bad...if u tried to sell it ud be screwed tho...lol it would look like the epiphone playboy guitar...
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Quote by Mr. Guerrilla
HAHA! lol. yeahgood point, buts its not like the sticker says i rule you suck. it says United States Marine Corps. but it is a pretty expensive guitar, so i wont do it. what do you people think i should put it on?

I usually put stickers on my case.
Quote by Techtonic
A sticker on your guitar looks stupid most of the time unless you are doing punk.

exactly. cause if people think you look like a douchebag with stickers, putting the stickers on and not giving a damn is all the more punk
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Don't bother, you're screwing yourself over,
pawnshops refuse to buy them
the labor it costs to remove them and clean them is usualy greater than the resale value of your strat copy.
Source, I literally live in guitar shops.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Last edited by 68_SG at Feb 24, 2008,
Are/where you a Marine ? If so I suggest you stick it on the back window of your car, thats where I see most USMC stickers. If not, don't stick it anywhere, you'll look like a serious poser and they don't like that stuff.
Quote by impeachpedro10
exactly. cause if people think you look like a douchebag with stickers, putting the stickers on and not giving a damn is all the more punk

Good point.

You will be punk but your guitar will be crap and worthless even more.
Dude, do what you want, who cares what other people think, have a mind of your own for a change.
a sticker on your guitar will result in a poor marking on your test, followed by death.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by thedude051
Paul Gilbert has stickers on his guitar, so it must not be that bad.

Those are F-holes that are painted on....
Most guitars are painted with the same kind of paint a vehicle is painted with so no putting a sticker on your guitar will not hurt anything nor does it make you a "douche". I've had my BC Rich V for well over a year and I'm not too easy on it so basically my finish is scratched and dinged and whatever else so I decided to go with a full guitar skin which is basically a big sticker and it improved my guitars appearance ten fold. This is what my guitar looked like before I applied the skin.
Attachments:
Guitar 001.jpg
Quote by thedude051
Paul Gilbert has stickers on his guitar, so it must not be that bad.

Paul Gilbert isnt mortal, he's physically aloud to put stickers on his guitar...
Safe: Should be, if's a pleasant adhesive.
Stupid, Gay, and overall a bad idea: Yes, very yes.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
He's probably talking about Paul's Dino RG, which is an old ass guitar. Besides, Paul has more guitars than Guitar Center, so I don't think he cares about stickers messing up one of his many guitars.
Actually since I look closer in your post, it's a US marine sticker.
I guess that's cool, if your guitar isn't that nice, and you have a main. Just don't put it on your main. If it were some fall out boy or relient k sticker, then yes, that'd be very gay.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Write 'Eet Fuk' in the top right of your guitar. Then you can be unoriginal to the max!

Anyway, do whatever you want to do. I've got a sticker on my cheap guitar, and I like it.
Quote by InVaZi0n
Dude, do what you want, who cares what other people think, have a mind of your own for a change.

+1
if it's a nice lookin guitar then by all means STAY AWAY FROM THE STICKERS!!!
but if its like ugly then go ahead lolz
i design CD covers and Band Logos.
see my website for requests and exsamples of my work
Miss Morphine Designs
Personally, I'd put a jingoist propaganda sticker in the garbage, or half-cover it with a NO WAR BUT CLASS WAR sticker, on the front of my guitar.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
This is so typical of forums. Decent stickers shouldn't damage your finish, but seriously, put it where you want to put it. We can't tell you right and wrong. It's your axe, jazz it up how you feel.
On a personal note, I plastered my Squier in stickers when I first got it, in some attempt to personalise it. Because it's a pretty nice beginner's guitar, I got away with it, but then i realised when I got more stickers there was no more room to put them on and tried moving old ones. The Linkin Park sticker is going to rip the moment I take it off. So now, having learned my lesson, my Ibanez is staying sticker-free. It'd wreck the beautiful gloss black image to put stickers all over it. Most I'm doing is putting pin-badges on the strap - same result (loads of band names hanging off the guitar) but less mess

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Feel free to personalise your guitar however you want, but don't think anyone will buy it if it has stickers on. If its a paper sticker, I strongly advise not to put it on. Only use vinyl stickers, otherwise it'll leave all the paper behind and you'll have to go to town on it wih a blowdryer and a protractor.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
I just bought a Kramer SG copy for $30 and it had several stickers on it. Clean up took me about an hour with a blow dryer and some wd40. I have no idea why someone would want to cover up such a beautiful black finish with stickers.

Stickers just aren't my thing, but I guess if the guitar is crappy looking to begin with then go for it. It is your guitar.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
a sticker on your guitar will result in a poor marking on your test, followed by death.

HAHA!
You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.
Page 1 of 2