Old news is old.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
is it not supposed to be up? im confused...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣

that must be TS
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
hooray my life can continue now
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
its still up,
if somehting goes wrong, ill promtly repost it here!
JOIN THE SANDWICH GROUP!!!!

GROUP!
^ Yeah, you'd better get right on that, I don't know what I'd do without OG160's YouTube maintenance updates!

I think we can figure it out by ourselves.
Quote by metalcore123
we care!

oh jeez thanks, I was beggening to think nobody cared!
I LUV U!

GROUP!
Quote by OG610
its still up,
if somehting goes wrong, ill promtly repost it here!

ok, can i give you my cell too, just wanna stay updated
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I think ill make a group were we can discuss if utube is down or not

GROUP!
Quote by garett
Not for Pakistan

just found out about that. hardcore suckage for the youtubers there. oh well, there are other great sites out there for videos.
Quote by C O B H C
Well how 'bout that.

..I don't give a shit.

I'm sick of all these people saying "And I care", "I dont give a ****". etc. If you don't care, why the fuck are you posting?
^ I felt the need to express how uninterested I was in this thread.

Why are you posting?
Quote by C O B H C
^ I felt the need to express how uninterested I was in this thread.

Why are you posting?

To ask why YOU're posting?
^ Touché.

I think I'm pretty much finished with this thread.

Maybe.

Edit: Why was that sigged?
Last edited by C O B H C at Feb 24, 2008,
Seriously guyz!

ur guna need to know if youtue is up someday!

just change ur home page to the group page
and now every time u need to go to youtube, first go to the group page (which should be ur homepage)\
then ull always know if its up or not!

GROUP!
You made a sandwich group for fuck's sake! A SANDWICH GROUP!!!!!!!!!

Why don't I just go on youtube and if it doesn't work, I'll know it's down.
You just sigged C O B H C for fuck's sake! C O B H C!

And trust me, ull need it one day

GROUP!
So? What's wrong with that? At least he admitted defeat like a man.
Theres nothing to defeat in this case tho

Its just me trying to make the world better by being the only one who provides real-time youtube updates

GROUP!
Quote by OG610
Theres nothing to defeat in this case tho

Its just me trying to make the world better by being the only one who provides real-time youtube updates

Maybe you should go outside and breathe in some fresh air.....It helps even the worse cases of E-Tardation.
Etardation..
that reminds me of this one time my school bought in the sherrif to talk to us about drugs

he called people hwo do extasy "e-tards"

GROUP!
So apparently Pakistan blocking Youtube is what affected the rest of the world (I kid you not).

What happened was that an ISP in Pakistan called "PieNet" uploaded new routing tables so that routes to Youtube would not go through. It is not known for certain how they managed to "poison" the rest of the Internet. I can say for sure that anybody inside or outside of Pakistan that was routed through them would have definitely been blocked, but apparently the scope reached other parts of the world too.

As a result, the world wide telecom that handles most of Pakistan's Internet traffic (PPCW Global) has taken all of Pakistan COMPLETELY OFFLINE!

Source: http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=548
I found a more technical / detailed explanation of what happened for any one who is interested:

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg06299.html

Edit - Ok so I've been reading up on this because it's an area that interests me. For those who have no idea how the hell one small ISP in Pakistan was able to block a web site for the whole world, and how susceptible the Internet is to this kind of "attack" then read up on the Border Gateway Protocol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Gateway_Protocol

This is the core routing protocol that fuels the Internet. Without it you would never be able to connect to any other computer online.

So basically PPCW had, for whatever reasons, given PieNet the ability to update the routing tables, which they abused in order to effectively censor the Internet for the whole world.
Last edited by garett at Feb 25, 2008,