So I've decided to build a footswitch for my Peavey Classic 30 since the one from Peavey is overpriced and lame. I want LED's too and I know there is voltage supplied from the footswitch jack (I learned this the hard way), but I'm not sure how much and the manuel doesn't mention anything.

I know I need 2 DPDT switches, 2 LED's, 1 Stereo jack, 2 resistors for LED's (does the voltage from the amp determine what to use or is it always around 1-3k with LED's?) plus the enclosure. Do I need anything else? Also, how exactly would I wire everything?

Thanks
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
You will need to find out whether the footswitch is momentary (non-latching) or locking (latching). I am unsure of this for the Peavey but I know with my Roland Cube it was momentary.

As far as I am aware you will only be able to use LEDs if you have a latching style footswitch.

Rob
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
Quote by rageandlove04
So I've decided to build a footswitch for my Peavey Classic 30 since the one from Peavey is overpriced and lame. I want LED's too and I know there is voltage supplied from the footswitch jack (I learned this the hard way), but I'm not sure how much and the manuel doesn't mention anything.

I know I need 2 DPDT switches, 2 LED's, 1 Stereo jack, 2 resistors for LED's (does the voltage from the amp determine what to use or is it always around 1-3k with LED's?) plus the enclosure. Do I need anything else? Also, how exactly would I wire everything?

Thanks

Send peavey an email asking about the schematic for the footswitch you want, possibly tell them you have another foot switch and want to make sure that it will work with your amp or something, they will gladly send you a schematic of the basic footswitch
if they do in fact send you the schematic. do you mind posting it on here for the UG community?
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
^Of course. PM me because this thread will probably die within a couple hours and I'll send you whatever I find. Are you looking to build a C30 switch too?
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
no im just looking to build a footswitch for my engl 530 preamp. I am currently using the switch for my b52 amp and it works perfectly. A while back I was going to open it up and see what parts were inside but the screws holding the unit together didn´t want to come off.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12