So I posted this in the guitar section, but that section is dead, so I'll post here, where I may get some more responses.

Okay, so I want to hear all the advantages and disadvantages of specific meterial used for guitars and guitar structure... example..

Mahogany = A - Gives warmer tone D - Not as much sustain
Set-neck = A - Good for sustain D - .....? Don't know, that's why I made this

But yeah, you get the picture? So please, share your wealth of knowledge with the rest of us.
Quote by Panatonix
mahogany is great both ways i believe

Well I'm not asking specifically in sustain or warmth, whatever the disadvantage or advantage may be. Meaning if mahogany has a disadvantage, let us know.
Sweetwater has a link on their site that will tell you the advantages and characteristics of certain woods and such.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
'K lets see how far I can get here

Mahogany - Warm, dark, has good sustain and very nice bassy tones.
Basswood - Very balanced, more high end than Mahogany, little less sustain, softer.
Alder - Very bright, good sustain, less low end than Basswood.
Swamp ash - don't know much about this one lol.

Set neck - More durable neck joint, good sustain, pain in the ass to replace a neck.
Bolt on neck - Easily adjustable, easy to replace, if done right has better sustain than a set neck.
Neck through - Best sustain, usually better neck heel (where the neck meets the body), if you break the neck you're screwed.
Quote by which ones pink
'K lets see how far I can get here

Mahogany - Warm, dark, has good sustain and very nice bassy tones.
Basswood - Very balanced, more high end than Mahogany, little less sustain, softer.
Alder - Very bright, good sustain, less low end than Basswood.
Swamp ash - don't know much about this one lol.

Set neck - More durable neck joint, good sustain, pain in the ass to replace a neck.
Bolt on neck - Easily adjustable, easy to replace, if done right has better sustain than a set neck.
Neck through - Best sustain, usually better neck heel (where the neck meets the body), if you break the neck you're screwed.

/thread
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.