How long do you suppose it takes a guitar from Fender's factory in California to be shipped to Ontario from time of order? I'm just wondering if anyone has ordered from Fender's American factory and lives in Canada. I've been told it will take 2 weeks, and then was told 6-8 weeks. However, I found it was a better idea to come and ask someone who has actually ordered something. Any guesses? I placed the order last Saturday.
Well, assuming the guitar passes customs brokerage/clearance, it would arrive in 6 business days via UPS Canada Standard (Ground). I work for UPS so if you have any other questions feel free to ask...
Well...is the guy who told me 2 weeks full of crap? He was an employee at L&M, and didn't really know when it would be in, so he guessed at 2 weeks. Then another guy at my work said I could wait till 6-8 weeks. I didn'th think it would be that slow. Since you work for UPS, is that usually who Fender ships with?
Just to let you know if you ship with UPS from America to Canada there is going to be like a extra fee of like $130.
^ Thank you for raining on my parade. I'm not sure if shipping is free or not though. I think it is; they never really mentioned it, since it's not being shipped directly to my house, but to the L&M in Oshawa. Not entirely sure, though.
Just make note of the difference what a shipping company would tell you and the actual guitar company. A shipping co. will give you time in transit, the actual shipping time. Usually, guitar (music) companies may take a while to actually put your order through. So the actual shipping may take 6 days, but it may take a while for the company to a) get the guitar in stock b) process your order c) finally send it out

Final answer: If the guitar company gets their act together it could take at least 6 days, at most, a long time, depending if the item is stocked and how long it takes them to process your order.

Yeah, customs/brokerage fees can be a biotch-i bought an esp online and it took a couple of weeks (US though)... I will only buy a guitar i can actually get my hands on anymore
Well I'm not sure if they had to make mine or what. It's an American Standard Strat, so I don't know if they handcraft everything at the Corona factory, or just the really high end guitars.

Anyways, thanks for your answer, I hope I won't have to wait too much longer!
Basically the guy in the shop is BS'ing you up, the Corona factory churns out thousands of instruments, ask tubadude for exact figures . you're certainly not going to have to wait for them to make one. Chances are the store don't have the exact guitar you want, the colour is out of stock or something like that, and they can't be bothered to order it specially so they'll get make sure one comes in on the shops regular order.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well, I'm not sure if they'd have an olypmic white maple fretboarded American Standard Strat just coming in on regular order; I think they did need to specially order it. :|
Like I said, they aren't going to "specially" order it, they're just going to add it on to their regular order. You're not waiting for the guitar to be made, just for the store to order it.

The timeframe the store have given you is simply their next scheduled delivery date for Fender guitars.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well, the factory turns out around 550 guitars a day. (thats what the VP said) they leave corona, then go to Onatario, CA to the warehouse and shipping place. all the mexican, american, and squiers go there, then to your store. if its something you want that is kinda rare, like a stu hamm bass, for example, it can take a while, since they arent made often. but an american standard would take less time. but 2 weeks could be right. It just takes 3 days for us to get our instruments.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!