Has anyone ever heard of a Penco brand of guitars? The one I have is an SG style with a bolt on neck. My uncle gave it to me when I was 13. I did some research online and all I could find was that a Japanese company made these guitars and they were sold mainly in the Philadelphia area... but nothing else.
1979 Fender Telecaster
Vox Valvetronix 30w
Dunlop Wah
Digitech Flanger
Brian May Red Special Pedal
it's propable one of those japanese gutiar that were cheap(back in the day) but now are worth millions.
there's a few on eBay right now, do a search.. they don't seem to be too valuable but if they are made in japan, they're probably great quality
Originally posted by Geetarbumb
I think your screwed ! You should quit guitar and take up the skin flute!
it's propable one of those japanese gutiar that were cheap(back in the day) but now are worth millions.

Are there really such guitars?

Ill try to get a pic too
1979 Fender Telecaster
Vox Valvetronix 30w
Dunlop Wah
Digitech Flanger
Brian May Red Special Pedal
ive heard of them... they did gibson copys back in the day... great quality stuff
I have one ! . It is also an SG. Penco was in business from 74 to 78 and they were made out of the same factory that Hoshino operated making Ibanez guitars. They are generally regarded as well made guitars. I replaced the "double coils" with a DiMarzio Paf and a Gibson Les Paul PAF in the neck. I put "double coil" in quotes because if you pull them out and they are original, they are actually single coils. Mine was $75.00 brand new when I first saw it in 1979. Mine has the lowest action of any guitar I've ever owned. I also replaced the tuners with Grovers. It's a nice piece.
Quote by nath1142

Try to research before making stupid comments. At most, a Jap pre lawsuit Ibby is worth maybe $1500. Most of these others are worth around $200 max. Sounds like a cool fiddle though.
Quote by CJRocker
Try to research before making stupid comments. At most, a Jap pre lawsuit Ibby is worth maybe $1500. Most of these others are worth around $200 max. Sounds like a cool fiddle though.

lol fiddle
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
look at the sig....i have one, an acoustic. i think its a D-18 copy....its pretty nice