Come here and post the funniest guitar-related stories you've encountered.

Here are a few of mine:

My friend had recently gotten into guitaring, he was pretty good, and knew his way around an instrument, if only he could read...

So I see him at school one day, and he says "Dude, I just got a brand new Strat, 200 bucks!" I'm thinking, no way, so I say, "Where the hell did you find that?"

He comes back with, "They had a special at Target!"

http://www.target.com/Fender-Starcaster-Strat-Guitar-Pack/dp/B000VOADMU/sr=1-1/qid=1203902979/ref=sr_1_1/601-5276779-5826556?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Astarcaster&page=1

/facepalm

How about all you fancy people?
Last edited by TwilightX at Feb 24, 2008,
well it's not about an electric guitar but...

my good friend who's been playing guitar for a little over a year asked me if i could string his acoustic for him the other day. He told me it took him almost an hour to restring it!

After hearing this i asked him how he did it and he showed me with a new string...

What he did was try and feed the string from INSIDE the body of the acoustic guitar through the bridge... I stared at him for about 5 minutes before explaining him you just put it in the top of the bridge and stick the pin in
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I'm distracted by the fact that you used the word "guitaring".

What do you suggest? Guitarism? Guitar...ology?
Once I played a gig with really bad monitoring (couldn't hear myself). We played a song in Drop D. When I got home I realised my guitar was tuned in Standard
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
not really related to the guitar itself but my friend (yes the same one that thinks beyonce is fat) used to think that there was no such thing as a regular distortion pedal, he thought that every pedal was either a Death Metal Pedal, Grunge pedal, blues pedal, etc. (he likes digitech) so he asked me what kind of effects pedal i wanted and i said a DS1 distortion pedal, he replied with "you ****ing idiot, theres no such thing as just a distortion pedal, it has to be a death metal pedal...." I showed him the page of the Boss DS1.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Mine's not too funny...but...

One time I was doing my warmup before I took my morning ****. You know, a little 2000bpm chromatic scales. Well, little did I know, the windows were open. There were some children outside, and I had been playing above the 1,000,000bpm limit (I have to stay below that limit because if I don't, people die.) and I had actually killed four children. I destroyed their bodies with a powerchord, which blowed them to bits with some tube distortion from my custom made amp.
Quote by Paul Carbonella
Mine's not too funny... but...

One time I was doing my warmup before I took my morning ****. You know, a little 2000bpm chromatic scales. Well, little did I know, the windows were open. There were some children outside, and I had been playing above the 1,000,000bpm limit (I have to stay below that limit because if I don't, people die.) and I had actually killed four children. I destroyed their bodies with a powerchord, which blowed them to bits with some tube distortion from my custom made amp.

Why, no... no it isn't.

Me and a friend were jamming. I have a Floyd on my guitar, so I was showing a friend how I could pull up on it. He says "COOL!", and before I can say "No, don't!", he yanks his standard tremolo arm up and breaks the bridge. Needless to say, our session ended rather quickly.
Last edited by DashBlaster at Feb 24, 2008,
My friend busted 4 of his strings all at once while we were jamming when he pulled really, really, really hard on his whammy bar.
Quote by Paul Carbonella

hi larious
i was at this scouting event. and i had my acoustic for a merit badge. and i just sat down in the huge area of people. and after i start messing around i realize like 50 people are watching me. and my case is open, implying that i was playing for tips. and people just started throwing money in it. cool stuff
Couple good ones of guitars getting smashed.

In 5th grade my friend had a nice early 90s MIA Fender Strat his dad had given him. He broguht it to school without a case as he was in a rush to get on the bus He was playing the Star Spangled Banner at the school talent show. The next day he came in looking depressed and asked him what was up. . Well, getting off the bus on the way home he tripped and fell. guitar smashed.

Next two come from a guitar teacher. He had an acoustic and was one day bringing it out side to show a friend. Same deal. He tripped and it flew out of hands. He said it was like a scene from the Matrix, with it hitting the ground and cracking like an egg in slow motion.

The other one was he bought a Schecter XXX series guitar, but took it back when he realized it wasn't the best thing to teach little kids on LOL

Thats all I've got for now.
My guitars hang on the wall, above my bed.
At night, when I was asleep, one of the strings of my electric decided to snap.
Not that big of a deal, but the guitar hang right above my head, whipping me in the face quite hard....

Not the best way of waking up...
Last edited by Zwabber at Feb 24, 2008,
Its always funny getting pro musicians really drugged up on acid and pills and watching them totally suck at their instrument
Quote by CJRocker
Couple good ones of guitars getting smashed.

In 5th grade my friend had a nice early 90s MIA Fender Strat his dad had given him. He broguht it to school without a case as he was in a rush to get on the bus He was playing the Star Spangled Banner at the school talent show. The next day he came in looking depressed and asked him what was up. . Well, getting off the bus on the way home he tripped and fell. guitar smashed.

Next two come from a guitar teacher. He had an acoustic and was one day bringing it out side to show a friend. Same deal. He tripped and it flew out of hands. He said it was like a scene from the Matrix, with it hitting the ground and cracking like an egg in slow motion.

The other one was he bought a Schecter XXX series guitar, but took it back when he realized it wasn't the best thing to teach little kids on LOL

Thats all I've got for now.

I really don't think smashing a Strat is too big of a deal. Hell, the one Hendrix BURNED at Monterey was used by Frank Zappa later....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Paul Carbonella

Way to totally rip off Adam02's YouTube vids.
Picked up a really expensive 12 string in a guitar shop and started playing Stairway with my eyes shut. Sounded awesome.

When I finished and opened my eyes there were half a dozen people standing in front of me watching.... I ran and hid.

I felt like garth out of waynes world how he runs and hides from ****.