I'm thinking about buying a Fender MIM Fat Strat, but some of the reviews I've read state that the stock pickups aren't that good.

To people who've tried/owned this guitar stock, would you recommend an upgrade? Or are the pups decent enough to keep?

I'm on a low budget, and if I do upgrade, it'll probably be with some guitarfetish pups. If the stock pickups aren't so good, would you consider GFS pickups a good choice for an upgrade?
They're definetely decent enough to keep. It all depends on your amp.
But... I've had a set of very very high quality handwound pickups in my strat for about 9 months now. And when I went over to my friend's house to play his stock MIM strat, the bell-like tone and raunchy dirt that I love wasn't there. Even with my amp.
It's that they're a bit muddy. But, you'll live with them.
And GFS pickups are alright, but sometimes you don't know what you're getting.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
They are great, I really wouldn't upgrade them anytime soon. They get muddy at high gain though, but they are still tolerable.
the humbucker is very low output, IMO. the neck and middle are fine.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
How do they sound through ss amps like Roland Cubes? I may be getting one myself this Tuesday.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
I'm actually considering a standard SSS strat right now. I'm on a tight budget, since I'll be getting a new apartment soon, and I gotta buy furniture and stuff, so a pickup change will have to wait for now.

It seems like from your suggestions that the stock pups are decent. So I'll probably stick with them for the next few months or so until I can afford some good new ones. The other thing is that I play almost 90% of the time with amp modelers like Guitarport, Amplitube, Revalver, etc... So right now maybe a pickup switch isn't that crucial (I hope.....)
Yeah if your using those programs you won't notice much difference in pickup sounds.

The mim stock pups are pretty good anyway though
Yeah, if you're using modeling technology, a pickup change would be a very small tone change if any.
I'd just hold on for a while, or maybe save up for a proper tube amp instead of new pickups.
Or just replace the pickup you use most.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator