I wont say the website name, so that it isnt advertising,(right?) anyway, how can i get it to show up when i search google????

EDIT: if the mods want to get rid of this, if its violating any rules, then please do. i didnt think it was against the rules
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Google it.
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
google it a bunch of times
Quote by kriscornella2@g
No. Argument if i hear fall out boy i get so angry i am more likely to kick someones ass than when i listen to iron maiden

Quote by GiantRaven
****ing Coheed freaks...

FREE WARPED TOUR TICKETS!!!
zune. i <3 my turd brown 30 gig.
Google likes well coded websites that have been searched for many a time.
I heard sites pay Google big bucks for their site to come up first
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Google it
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
so, basically, just call all my friends with internet and tell them to search for the URL?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Angus_Junior35
so, basically, just call all my friends with internet and search for the URL?

indeed
Trust me I'm a doctor

A doctor with a mustache
It will be added to Google's index automatically as long as other sites link to it.

With Google it's all a popularity contest. It ranks it's results based on how "popular" a page is which is determined by how many related sites link to it. It's actually a lot more complicated than that but the answer to your question is really as simple as "get other, related, sites to link to it".

One way you can do it without spamming is to add a link to your site in your signature. See my sig ? It's a VERY new site. Now search for "Luvr Geeks" (with the quotation marks) on Google and you'll get a bunch of hits under it that point back to UG. It's not the "be all end all" solution since UG is in no way related to the site, and so if you search for related keywords like "web comic" it's no where to be found ... but it shows you how just having links will get it in the index right away.
Last edited by garett at Feb 24, 2008,