Hi guys, nice to meet everyone. I'm new to guitar and I always wanted to learn guitar but was to intimidated. D: 6 strings! Well for me its out of my comfort zone, since I play violin I am used to for strings. So I'm learning bass since it has the same strings as violin just flip flopped, so all the patterns are the same. Another reason is I don't know if there is a quick way of playing. Since I play violin, I was brought up under the proper way to do things and with guitar, it seems that ppl just need to learn chords. I mean I can learn the notes individually but I feel that will take to long, I just wanna play! I also gonna try and learn drums from my dad( maybe).

So I can't wait for this site and all it has to offer. Nice meeting you all.
Nice to meet you. Fell free to ask anything everyone is very helpful
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
guitar is much more than just chords... you don't need to know the individual note names, but it does help if you do... however if you play violin and can read music, then you probably already have a good understanding of rhythm so you should be fine with just using tabs.... but anyways, nice to meet yah
Last edited by justnmcknz at Feb 24, 2008,
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

guitar is much more than just chords... you don't need to know the individual note names, but it does help if you do... however if you play violin and can read music, then you probably already have a good understanding of rhythm so you should be fine with just using tabs....

I know the number is basically how many half steps from the string your starting on, but how do you know what rhythm is being played when looking at the tabs? Do you just have to know the song?