Poll: are your hiccups violent?
Poll Options
View poll results: are your hiccups violent?
no, my hiccups arent violent
19 51%
yes, my hiccups are violent
6 16%
my hiccups are violent sometimes.
12 32%
Voters: 37.
are rly violent hiccups normal? i threw up on a mountain today because they got so bad.
Last edited by severed head at Feb 24, 2008,
My gf gets hiccups really bad as well. Most of the time she ends up dry reaching but once or twice she has vomitted. I don't think there is anything that can be prescribed to fix it however. And its not going to do any serious harm to you either, so you may just have to put up with them man.
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
I believe I once read about a man who had serious hiccups for 16 years. I think he dies of them. But I don't think you have to worry about that.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Quote by Mettliccaa
I believe I once read about a man who had serious hiccups for 16 years. I think he dies of them. But I don't think you have to worry about that.

i lol'd
they hurt like a bitch tho
if anyone knew how to get rid of them that would be great
You say you were on a mountain... Which leads to high altitude... Hiccups stem from irregular resperitory for a moment.... it was probably just the altitude that caused such violent hiccups... if not, it was expanded diaphram with little air inside of it... as far as fixing it, its basically just doing what everyone says, Deep breathes in through your nose and out through your mouth... gasping and stuff lol
Quote by severed head
i lol'd
they hurt like a bitch tho
if anyone knew how to get rid of them that would be great

eat a big spoonful of peanut butter... never fails me
i get hiccups when i drink sprite and eat mcdonalds french fries........
Red Hot Chili Peppers

ohhhhhh ya
I get really painful hiccups too, sometimes. I just wait 'em out.

Quote by americnidiot
eat a big spoonful of peanut butter... never fails me

Too bad some people are allergic to PB.

...like me...
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I've never had hiccups for 16 years but I almost died from choking, from tryin to drink water from the far rim or what ever and hiccupped.
thanks guys
i forgot about wiki so heres for u ppl like me
WIKIisKEWL
Psychosomatic

Distraction from one's hiccup (e.g. being startled, asked a perplexing question, or counting in reverse from 100 down)
Concentration on one's hiccups - using sheer will to stop them
While standing and concentrating on relaxation, extend the right arm and point with the index finger at a point to your right, and exhale. While inhaling, bring the tip of the index finger to the nose, and hold the breath for a moment - then exhale, dropping the finger away from the nose.
Respiratory

Cutting air off from the esophagus. This is done by tipping one's head forward and downward as far as possible. It usually takes a minute. This usually does not work the first time.
Similar to above, tip your head forward and downward as far as comfortably possible and then drink from the opposite side of a cup. (You will be pouring the liquid AWAY from your body and towards your head).
Breathing slowly and deeply in while thinking 'breathing out' and breathing slowly and fully out while thinking 'breathing in'
Holding one's breath while optionally squeezing one's stomach
Breathing deeply through the nose, then exhaling slowly through the mouth
Exhaling all the air from one's lungs and holding one's breath while swallowing water or saliva
Blowing up a balloon
Inducing sneezing
Insert fingers in ears and hold breath for as long as possible
Take a gulp of water or liquid, hold in mouth, insert fingers in ears and swallow while fingers are still in ears. Repeat a few times.
Attempting to burp
Take a deep breath and hold it for until you feel the first pain wave, which means that your body has gotten over its hiccup, then wait for second pain wave which indicated you've ran out of oxygen, and breath out
Exhaling all the air of one's lung and holding it until one can (theoretically stops the spasm on the diaphragm).
Take a deep breath, hold it for 30 seconds then exhale as slowly as possible while making a growling sound.
Other

In babies, hiccups are usually immediately stopped by the suckling reflex, either by breastfeeding or simply by insertion of a finger, bottle teat or dummy into the baby's mouth.
Pinch your ear lobe and breathe normally. Can turn into second-nature (psychosomatic).
Close your eyes and look up as far as possible.
Drink one shot of vinegar.
Drinking a good amount of water
Take 10 sips of water
Chew a spoonfull of peanut butter slowly.
Slowly swallow a spoonful of sugar.
mix sugar into a cup of water and drink slowly
Take a glass of water and put a metal spoon in it, then drink.
Eat a pickle.
Only in extreme cases, vomiting profusely seems to help relieve painful cases of the hiccups.
Giving the person suffering from hiccups a sudden and unexpected fright (for example, by shouting at them) can have the effect of ending a bout of hiccups.