i bought this guitar at a silent auction for $60. My local guitar shop said it was worth $500. They also told me they never saw a bridge like the one on it. it says strategy on the head and its made by shecter. Can anyone help me out?

back

pod

bridge

head 00

body
If it's a Schecter it must be worth at least something.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
ill buy it off ya for 100, you still get a profit!!!!!
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
the bridge looks like any old floyd (could just be me being jaded, plus you bought it for 60 bucks so its cool either way). dont sell it cause you'll look damn cool playing it on stage
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Go on ebay, I've learned a bunch from just searching and seeing whats out there. You never know what someone else might be selling.
that looks nice , even if it plays like a big turd it still will make a good decoration for your guitar room.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by :-D
Yes, seems like you got a great deal, there's another Schecter Strategy being sold here, I assume it's the same except yours has a more 80's style paint job:

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-SCHECTER-STRATEGY-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-1980s-VINTAGE-VERY-COOL-A-1-W0QQAdIdZ35493432

Enjoy it.

one small detail : one has a wammy one doesn't you dumass
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Quote by CullenT
the bridge looks like any old floyd (could just be me being jaded, plus you bought it for 60 bucks so its cool either way). dont sell it cause you'll look damn cool playing it on stage

it says schecter on it
Quote by ac/dc752

i have it there removable dumbass
Quote by Fat Brian
Go on ebay, I've learned a bunch from just searching and seeing whats out there. You never know what someone else might be selling.

i tried that i cant find any strategy with 3 single coils
looks almost like a jackson 80's style guitar and i dont know why theyve never seen a guitar with that bridge they must not relly get around. that is a really kool lookin guitar but if they havent seen a guitar with a locker i would have to say that i wouldnt trust them. plus if it is schecter (Which it is) it probably has EMG's or Duncan designed so you will definitely want to swap those out with its real friends for an all around better sound. unless theyre EMGs then drill holes in them. i saw youre pod section it looks like it has a selector then piezos then a kill switch which is kill-er but it doesnt appear 2 have a battery spot. i like the set-neck tho.
Quote by ac/dc752

the major things are the pups the back and the neck and the toggles selection has less... selection so that isnt the guitar, it also isnt a locker either. plus the purpose of forums is to learn and not make others look stoopid.
Quote by maverick_137
looks almost like a jackson 80's style guitar and i dont know why theyve never seen a guitar with that bridge they must not relly get around. that is a really kool lookin guitar but if they havent seen a guitar with a locker i would have to say that i wouldnt trust them. plus if it is schecter (Which it is) it probably has EMG's or Duncan designed so you will definitely want to swap those out with its real friends for an all around better sound. unless theyre EMGs then drill holes in them. i saw youre pod section it looks like it has a selector then piezos then a kill switch which is kill-er but it doesnt appear 2 have a battery spot. i like the set-neck tho.

they never saw one made by schecter
Quote by ac/dc752
that looks nice , even if it plays like a big turd it still will make a good decoration for your guitar room.

+1

Good buy man!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Quote by Slay 'Em
Looks like a Steven Lynch guitar

Please tell me you mean George Lynch.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Dude thats sweet. Any idea when it was made? A lot of people don't realize that Schecter has been around for a long time. Pete Townshend and Yngwie Malmsteen were using them way before any of the shredders you see nowadays.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I saw an article in guitar player magazine about George Lynch and that looks like his Signature guitar. Maybe you can go the GP website and do a search.
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Quote by ac/dc752

Yes, and there's one small detail you missed, Einstein: the guitar he got clearly has a slot where the whammy (note the "h" in the correct spelling) bar would be inserted. Just because it's in the picture of the other guitar and not inserted into his guitar doesn't mean that he doesn't have a whammy bar. Pull your head out of your ass.

And I will not have my intelligence called into question by someone who misspells the word "dumbass". In short, you're an assclown.

/rant

To the TS, yes, that's a different model, my mistake for not noticing the pickups. I'll try and find other models.
dude i love that paintjob

I would have bought that for 60 bucks ANY day
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
For $60 you can't really go wrong unless it's secretly made of cardboard. Like someone said, even if it sounds like **** it'll still make a nice decoration. Nice buy.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Quote by ac/dc752

one small detail: one has a whammy, and one doesn't you dumbass

...there we go, all correct you dumbass
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
You are the Luckiest Guitarist Alive!!!!

thats probably worth more than just $500! and you only paid $60?! thats crazy!
its probably someones old guitar from the 80's. the fact that its a schecter makes it even better. Thats the best deal I've ever heard of!
That bridge looks like its got fine tuners on it, I just laybuyed an Ibanez ARC300 with them.