Is playing bass similar to playing guitar? I am asking this because im an experienced rhythm guitarist and was wondering if that knowledge would carry over to bass. Thanks in advance sorry if the question is vague.
Jesus Christ man use the search bar. Hell don't even do that, look on the first page.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795963

First page.

If you search or look a couple pages you'll find loads more topics on the exact same thing.
Quote by IndianRockStar
Jesus Christ man use the search bar. Hell don't even do that, look on the first page.

First page.

If you search or look a couple pages you'll find loads more topics on the exact same thing.

Oh, and the FAQ.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
As anarkee said earlier today:
Quote by anarkee
To paraphrase one of smb's better analogies, thinking you can easily transition from guitar to bass is like knowing English and expecting to be able to converse in French.

Please please please for the love of god now go and read the FAQ, handily linked to in my sig.
yep. its all the same stuff pretty much, just that on bass your just repeating the same notes over and over, but you should be used to that if yur a rhythm guitarist.
Quote by djmay71
yep. its all the same stuff pretty much, just that on bass your just repeating the same notes over and over, but you should be used to that if yur a rhythm guitarist.

It's good to know that there are still bands to day that play crappy, weak music! I thought garbage was a lost art form.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yes, guitar to bass is an easy transition, especially if you can read bass clef. It's a large gutiar with two less strings, you should have no problem switching down. the feel is different, but it's only a slight feel/learning curve that you get used to within a few minutes.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
Yes, guitar to bass is an easy transition, especially if you can read bass clef. It's a large gutiar with two less strings, you should have no problem switching down. the feel is different, but it's only a slight feel/learning curve that you get used to within a few minutes.

Is this a humourous troll, or are you broken in the head?

This notion of "bass being a big guitar" is simply wrong, and if you knew the history of the bass as an instrument and the reason the first commercially successful bass ever was called the "Precision" bass, you'd agree.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Feb 24, 2008,
Quote by djmay71

And you're the guy that's just started a thread about buying your first bass

I doubt you'll get much help in here with that attitude.
Quote by IndianRockStar

First page.

i would say you have temper problems but knowing how much this happens on here id say your justified
My gear:
Fender Jazz Bass
Ampeg BA115
This thread has so much wrong with it. It is a repost of a topic that is less than 6 hours old, and there are so many trolls giving terrible advice.

*reported*
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke