i saw the squier se special strat electric guitar package on guitar center and was wondering if it was worth buying or should i get one of the others on this page i am a beginner so im just looking for a pretty good guitar for 200 or 300 dollars squier value packs
Generally the amp isn't very good. They tend to fitz out, and the guitars can be bad.

Better off going to GC and playing a guitar that you like, and asking for help with an amp.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
If you go to guitar center, do not FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ask for help. You'll leave there with either a Marshall MG or a Line 6 Spider. My advice is to get a Roland Microcube. It is a very good practice amp for beginners. Others on this site will have good amp recommendations, and make sure to check the stickies (wow do I sound like a parent).

Hope that helps!

Edit: Forgot the main point of thread . As for the pack, there are better Squiers, and there are better guitars altogether, so just play a bunch and see what you like.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
well what do you reccomend i get i want one with a tremolo arm so i thought it would be good to get the squier what are the best guitars i could get for 300 bucks and one with an amp would be better
^You think you want a trem, but you don't really. They're just an extra hassle for a beginner. The Roland Microcube is possibly the best practice amp for the price.
For the guitar, maybe a Squier standard Tele or Strat. Id recommend an Ibanez RG321, but they're out of your range.
Last edited by which ones pink at Feb 25, 2008,
Quote by which ones pink
^You think you want a trem, but you don't really. They're just an extra hassle for a beginner. The Roland Microcube is possibly the best practice amp for the price.
For the guitar, maybe a Squier standard Tele or Strat. Id recommend an Ibanez RG321, but they're out of your range.

yeah what he said about the trem but if your into metal then you would want a trem i once cryed because i broke my squiers broken trem arm i look back on it now i just laugh

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2