yo, im kinda new to this forum so go easy on me.

a few years back i bought a Crate tour pack.
when i bought it i thought it was cool. classic black and white paintjob, i got it set up, so its fairly easy to play. but i hate the sound.

now im kinda short on cash, so i really dont have that much money for a new guitar

so would it be worth upgrading a cheap guitar like that?
or should i just get a new one?
nah, you kind of answered your own question when you said "cheap guitar". Just save up man. You'll be much happier.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

well, i' ll have 70 bucks by the end of this month, maybe more if i go out shuvling walks.
you said you bought a crate tour pack. If you're still using the amp from that as well as the guitar then you should defo save up a few months and get a decent amp.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
well, You could try some mods just with what the guitar already has. (I'm assuming, like most starter guitars it's a strat copy of some form) You could lock down the bridge, Move the middle pickup to make a humbucker, Paint it a different colour, use your creativity!
Quote by jimRH7
well, You could try some mods just with what the guitar already has. (I'm assuming, like most starter guitars it's a strat copy of some form) You could lock down the bridge, Move the middle pickup to make a humbucker, Paint it a different colour, use your creativity!

+1

just try try try. dont do anything too drastic, that could damage the guitar forever, though.
Gear:

Guitars:
BC Rich Warlock
Dean 88
ME682-In Progress
Amps:
Carvin SX300
Etc:
Clayton 1.0mm picks
Planet Waves cables.
okay great ill keep that in mind, i like the idea of taking the two single pickups to make a humbucker, i did a cool paint job on it a few months ago, flat black with the chrome hardware, looks freaking sweet. i have access to a wood shop at school and my teacher trusts me enough to use the tools without supervision, so when i get my guitar im gonna do some cool mods to it.

and thanks for the advice. i'll keep it in mind
hey, i just had another zany idea, you could deepen the cutaway for more fret acess.