ok seeing as with the whole new, "blackouts" craze that's sweeping UG...i was wondering, if i wanted to throw a set of blackouts in my epiphone g-400, where would the battery go?...

would i have to carve some kind of cavity to put it in?

does it go under the pickup or something?

if i do have to make a new cavity...how would i go about doing that?

please and thanks in advance

i was originally looking at a 60/81 set of pickups, but i figured i'd take a look out blackouts, but if anyone knows any better active/passive pickups...feel free to tell me about it
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
I believe your G-400 has front-mounted pickups (not 100% sure), so you would probably be able to stick the battery in there. If you really want to make a cavity, you can cut it out with a router, but it'd probably be best to take it to a luthier if you're not comfortable.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Blackouts have been out for a while. Most of the attention is going to the 7 string version because most of us 7 stringers have been waiting for a good active 7 string pup that doesn't require us to route a bigger hole out of our guitar for it.

But, the 9 volt will fit in your control cavity.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
ok so if i could just throw the battery down there, how long would the battery last? and to get a new battery, i'd have to take the pup out, change batteries, then put it back in right?

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
It should last a few thousand hours. If it IS front-mounted, then yeah, you'll have to take out the pickups and pickguard to get underneath, but a few thousand hours should last you long enough that changing the battery isn't a frequent inconvenience. Just make sure not to leave your guitar plugged in when you're not playing - the preamp engages whenever the cable is plugged in.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
ok, so does anyone know whether a g-400 is front mounted...or...whatever else it could be or at least tell me how to check...i'm a complete guitar noob when it comes to construction-esq stuff

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
dude...try to stay away from actives...they really dont retain much of your guitar's tone, and in most cases they dont retain any
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by bi-ah!
dude...try to stay away from actives...they really dont retain much of your guitar's tone, and in most cases they dont retain any

care to suggest any passive pickups then? kinda hard-rock-ish stuff...

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by bobby_splax
care to suggest any passive pickups then? kinda hard-rock-ish stuff...

yes
check the seymour duncan website ...you'd be surprised at how many people play duncans...and btw they pwn X1000 they're great
also check dimarzio pickups, they are excellent as well
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.