My friend's dad has a Yamaha JX30 from 1983 and I absolutely love it. I looked around (on the internet of course) and absolutely couldn't find anything except for a JX65 on eBay which I was outbid on. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a good vintage-sounding amp with basic settings (volume, equilization, maybe reverb, but that's it) for a generally low price, maybe 200-300 dollars? thanks
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Last edited by theking182 at Feb 24, 2008,
Umh... Why does it need to be vintage?
That puts you in the price range for a vintage solidstates, which are regarded as quite bad.
Just go for a modern used tube combo.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Umh... Why does it need to be vintage?
That puts you in the price range for a vintage solidstates, which are regarded as quite bad.
Just go for a modern used tube combo.

aha. well in that case what about vintage-sounding?
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Most of the 5 or 15 watt tube combos are vintage voiced. Try some of those out like the Epiphone Valve Junior, Blackheart Little Giant, Crate Palomino, Peavey Royal 8 and Peavey Classic 30. All those should be vintage sounding and in your price range, even the Classic if you look used.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Most of the 5 or 15 watt tube combos are vintage voiced. Try some of those out like the Epiphone Valve Junior, Blackheart Little Giant, Crate Palomino, Peavey Royal 8 and Peavey Classic 30. All those should be vintage sounding and in your price range, even the Classic if you look used.

I second this statement.
Basically, most if not all tube amps which aren't geared specifically for metal are "vintage" sounding.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator