Alright, so I'm going to start gigging soon. We, my band and I, are going to play classic rock (60's-80's), folk, country, and some jazz.

What effects would I need?

compressor/sustainer - only 'cause my amp don't have that great sustain.

reverb - on board my amp

overdrive/distortion - again, on board (footswitchable).

acoustic simulator - for folk, country and possibly jazz jongs.

chorus - to thicken my sound, personal preference.

^ that's about all I need if I'm going to be the rythm player, right?
i like the overdrive pedal from boss it's nice for me and i play rhythm sometimes onboard distortion isn't the best but other than that you have everything covered
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
You'll want to invest a bit in a good acoustic sim though, I've seen some pretty dodge ones.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
The Boss AC-3 (acoustic sim) sounds awesome to me. I am also thinking about the DigiTech MulitChorus for obviously...my chorus. LOL

Everything else is going to be Boss, or on-board.

yeah, it may sound digital, well it IS digital so that may be why. But it sounds alright to me.

You analog purists need to upgrade.

But yes, a tape delay sounds the best, I don't care who you are!!!

ECHOPLEX FOREVER!!!!!!
Quote by neptune1988
The Boss AC-3 (acoustic sim) sounds awesome to me. I am also thinking about the DigiTech MulitChorus for obviously...my chorus. LOL

Everything else is going to be Boss, or on-board.

yeah, it may sound digital, well it IS digital so that may be why. But it sounds alright to me.

You analog purists need to upgrade.

But yes, a tape delay sounds the best, I don't care who you are!!!

ECHOPLEX FOREVER!!!!!!

did you actually laugh out loud when you thought abut the DigiTech MulletChorus for obvious reasons?
and why do you insist that BOSS is the best company there is? you obviously haven't even heard of boutique pedals.
well, I'm sorry alright. It's just prefereance anyways. Sure, I could buy EHX, MXR, or all other multitudes of effect companies, but Boss just sounded best to me. I tried the EHX, the Boss, Rocktron, Fulltone, but in the end Boss just sounded better and what I was looking for.

I tried between the DigiTech Main-squeeze or the CS-3, and the Boss sounded better and was simpler for me to dial in. So that's why I got the Boss.

I got the DigiTech MultiChorus because the Boss choruses I tried were too sterile, the Fulltone were'nt for me (or my pricerange)., and the EHX wasn't tweakable enough. So I went Digitech.

I have a DigiTech pedal because I think Boss is the best.

^ The above is an example of Fatso Forgottso 's sadly ill-formed logic.

Thank God he's not an I.C. chip, the logic pulse/trains would be so screwed up. LOL
I was actually asking if you though that choosing a chorus pedal to use as a chorus pedal was really worth a lol.
And I didn't ask if you've ever heard of big name pedal companies with parts made in China...I asked if you have ever heard, or heard of, any boutique pedal makers.
Quote by neptune1988
Thank God he's not an I.C. chip, the logic pulse/trains would be so screwed up. LOL

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on here.
Quote by Kino22x
Quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read on here.

but you DID read it....