Okay, before I begin, I'm just going to say that I am buying this amp regardless... It's already in layaway. I just want to know the modal. It is a Crate combo amp, 30w all tube. It is either 1x12 or 2x12, though I am pretty sure it is 1x12. It is not one of the new V series, or the Palomino (it's black). 2 Channel, one is clean with 2 band eq. The other is overdriven (?) with 3 band eq and gain control. It has a spot for a foot switch, an effects loop (though only one output, so I don't know how that would work), and separate reverb controls for each channel. I'm buying it used (For 325 USD ), and I never bothered to check the actual modal number. The store isn't a Crate dealer, so it is at least a few years old. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by HICKORYsmokes
It sounds like it is the Crate Vintage Club series, but I am not totally sure.

That is what it sounds like. THe clean channel is amazing for a budget tube amp. I think you could talk them down to selling it for cheaper though.
Well, reading the reviews on Harmony-Central... It sounds like it. Some of the reviews ambiguify (is that a word?) it a little though.

Edit: (to acdcrocks0323) Problem is, we already have it set and partially paid for. I might be able to haggle a footswitch out of em though!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
Last edited by theacousticpunk at Feb 24, 2008,
Well, thanks for the help!
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120