I have a Schecter C1-Hellraiser right now without the trem. I bought this last summer because I didn't have much guitar knowledge at the time (Meh, I still don't heh.) but because everyone said they were good. Now, I play very little metal. Minus My Curse by KSE that I've been playing lately lol, and Underoath (Timmy uses an SG so..)

But here, I have my friends 1984 Jap strat that I sorta like but theres something wrong with the input on the guitar so it gets really bad noise and Im not sure if I like what im getting out of single coils .. I need to try a new strat?

But I've been considering selling the Hellraiser to get a high end Epi LP, or a strat??

or an Agile LP copy?

I play everything except really heavy stuff.

Edit: a cheaper PRS model is looking good too..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Strat is probably the most versatile on the list. Hell get a fat strat and then you'll pretty much be able to play anything. Also if you decide to sell the C-1 I might be interested.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
These Agiles are looking GREAT on youtube though ;\..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

schecter for an epiphone GF nty

umm go with a ****in charvel FTW

my uncle has one its sweet as ****
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
The EVH ?! It's like 2 grand...

Quote by tr3nt
These Agiles are looking GREAT on youtube though ;\..

Oh don't get me wrong, they're kick ass I was just suggesting something that was a bit more versatile. If you want an Agile go for an Agile. Also theres always the option of coil tapping it to get those SC sounds.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Oh don't get me wrong, they're kick ass I was just suggesting something that was a bit more versatile. If you want an Agile go for an Agile. Also theres always the option of coil tapping it to get those SC sounds.

I know nothing about customizing ;\..

Edit; but would getting a.. say Agile 3000. They're around $375, would I be downgrading in a sense?

swap the emgs out of your hellraiser for some duncans (or whatever you like) and you'll have a more versatile axe. i like hellraisers a lot, minus the emgs. just my $.02
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
I've thought about that, how much would labor cost at a shop? ^

up

Swapping the pickups would be (in my opinion) the best and most cost effective idea (depending on the pickups you get, of course).

Seymour Duncans, depending on what you get would run roughly $130USD for a set (neck and bridge together). It's possible you might need new pots, but the cost of those are pretty insignificant in comparison with everything else. Installation, $20-$30USD (at least from places I've checked) by a technician.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by tr3nt
I know nothing about customizing ;\..

Edit; but would getting a.. say Agile 3000. They're around $375, would I be downgrading in a sense?

yes you would. Strats are versitile if you have a good amp because of their universal neck width and feel but their tone is a little twangy for KSE stuff but if you have a good amp and or effects pedals it will work.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
IMO guitars and amps are meant to be collected, not sold. The only guitar i ever sold was an electric that couldnt be tuned cause the neck was so badly bowed, and a cheap acoustic i bought for $15 at a flea market.
Hello
Hellraiser is great for Killswitch stuff. Btw what are you playing besides metal??
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
charvel makes more guitars than the wast of money evh
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
Hellraiser is great for Killswitch stuff. Btw what are you playing besides metal??

Other then just THAT song I really don't play any metal at all. I just play it with my drummer for fun.

I play your today's pop rock/punk (I've noticed every band either uses a Paul or SG) Heavier rock, rhcp type stuff. Every now and then I'll play some metalcore (if you call Underoath metalcore.)

SE for $499.99 on musician's friend
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Feb 25, 2008,
I'd buy a schecter c-1 blackjack and change the bridge to another SD 59. Much better then a hi end epi IMO.

That robert smith schecter sig also looks very nice but it must be pricey.
Quote by Chinomaster182
I'd buy a schecter c-1 blackjack and change the bridge to another SD 59. Much better then a hi end epi IMO.

That robert smith schecter sig also looks very nice but it must be pricey.

yo i have a c-1 blackjack, whats wrong with the SD JB?

i find 59 in mine really muddy and not as focused as my JB in distort
Quote by Slaytanic1993
SE for $499.99 on musician's friend

PRS? I'm thinkin maybe.

/\

jesus christ these things went up!!!!! I got mine for 950 (the standard price at the time was 1200). screw that.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Custom-GX-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515619

get this instead, it will handle metalcore, pop punk, and RHCP.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Also, I looked at a HSS Strat they look nice.. But I don't want to downgrade at all ;\? If anything stay the same quality, just more my style.

Ahh that SG is a ton! Woww they did go up that sucks..

go with an epi/gibson, they will handle metal as well as poppier stuff without the need for a pickup change.
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by Acquiescence
yo i have a c-1 blackjack, whats wrong with the SD JB?

i find 59 in mine really muddy and not as focused as my JB in distort

Nothing wrong with the JB (maybe too much presence), i have the jb in my classic.

But the TS wants less gain and the 59 is a pretty good pickup for mid-lo gain.
hmm..

fyi, when i got just a new bridge pup installed, it cost like $50 at GC. those greedy bastards....
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Fuzzbox91
/\

jesus christ these things went up!!!!! I got mine for 950 (the standard price at the time was 1200). screw that.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Custom-GX-with-Dirty-Fingers-Pickups-Electric-Guitar?sku=515619

get this instead, it will handle metalcore, pop punk, and RHCP.

i got a dirty fingers in the bridge of my gibbon SG, and its kinda muddy. it would probably be even more muddy in the neck. but, you should always try out the guitar first before you buy it.

check out this ESP, the sunburst model with the duncans:ESP EC-1000 those look pretty cool. never actually heard one, but maybe its worth checking out.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Quote by Flying Afros
i got a dirty fingers in the bridge of my gibbon SG, and its kinda muddy. it would probably be even more muddy in the neck. but, you should always try out the guitar first before you buy it.

check out this ESP, the sunburst model with the duncans:ESP EC-1000 those look pretty cool. never actually heard one, but maybe its worth checking out.

That is hot..

anyone got any dirt on thoes SD pups?

I was actually looking to save for a used gibson sg standard so..

Quote by tr3nt
That is hot..

anyone got any dirt on thoes SD pups?

I was actually looking to save for a used gibson sg standard so..

sd 59 is basically good for cleans
sd jb can do metal
I want good pups for cleans also. the 1985 jap strat that i'm borrowing from my friend i LOVEEE the cleans on both neck and bridge pup, the bridge pup is twangy and fun, and the neck is nice and warm.. But I don't like the dirtyness for the covers my band plays out of single coils..

Quote by tr3nt
I have a Schecter C1-Hellraiser right now without the trem. I bought this last summer because I didn't have much guitar knowledge at the time (Meh, I still don't heh.) but because everyone said they were good. Now, I play very little metal. Minus My Curse by KSE that I've been playing lately lol, and Underoath (Timmy uses an SG so..)

But here, I have my friends 1984 Jap strat that I sorta like but theres something wrong with the input on the guitar so it gets really bad noise and Im not sure if I like what im getting out of single coils .. I need to try a new strat?

But I've been considering selling the Hellraiser to get a high end Epi LP, or a strat??

or an Agile LP copy?

I play everything except really heavy stuff.

Edit: a cheaper PRS model is looking good too..

Agiles are some VERY NICE guitars.
Gibson quality for an epiphone price.
(not an ad XD)
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.