Go out and live a little. Fall in love, get heartbroken, find some real inspiration. You'll come back to it. Let it sit.
hahaha... write a song about it. it could be the next fade to black (i have lost my will to live)
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
if you force yourself you'll just hate it and wont wanna play even more
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Don't force yourself to play; it'll get even worse. Go out and live a little, when you get back you'll see your guitar, and go "Oh, I haven't played guitar in a while". Then sit down and pour your heart out.

Or, listen to some good guitar-based music. That always makes me want to play.

ah this happened to me when my gf killed herself because her dad made her get an abortion after i had acidently impregnated her
it might take awhile but the music will come back to you
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by chinese_jazz
Don't force yourself to play; it'll get even worse. Go out and live a little, when you get back you'll see your guitar, and go "Oh, I haven't played guitar in a while". Then sit down and pour your heart out.

Or, listen to some good guitar-based music. That always makes me want to play.

that stuff always makes me feel worse, like "what have i accomplished"
Get drums. Or a keyboard. Or something totally non-guitar like.

After a long day of practice as a novice on your new instrument, when you pick up your guitar you'll be much happier with your playing. Not only does it remind you how far you've come, but also gives you new ideas on what (or how) to play your guitar.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Quote by Rebelw/outaCord
Get drums. Or a keyboard. Or something totally non-guitar like.

After a long day of practice as a novice on your new instrument, when you pick up your guitar you'll be much happier with your playing. Not only does it remind you how far you've come, but also gives you new ideas on what (or how) to play your guitar.

thanks, that sounds like a pretty good idea.
If you don't feel like playing, it doesn't inspire you, and listening to good guitar doesn't make you want to play more, then maybe guitar isn't for you. Obvious statement though.

Go find something else that you do have some passion for.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker
Listen to a new guitarist. Try Tommy Emmanuel.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
ah this happened to me when my gf killed herself because her dad made her get an abortion after i had acidently impregnated her

I like how you just casually inserted that into the discussion.
Yeah, this is totally like that time my girlfriend killed herself...
It's almost surreal.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Haha! I totally missed that post.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Quote by dgonz
If you don't feel like playing, it doesn't inspire you, and listening to good guitar doesn't make you want to play more, then maybe guitar isn't for you. Obvious statement though.

Go find something else that you do have some passion for.

He's wrong.

Take a break from playing guitar. I recommend learning keyboards / piano, spend some time with it, go with the flow of life. Before you know it, you'll be back to playing guitar again. The key is not to think about it, don't force it. Just let things flow.
Quote by RealGuitarHero

Just try to get inspired again, watch your favorite band/ guitarist at work.
Quote by Archeo Avis
I like how you just casually inserted that into the discussion.
Yeah, this is totally like that time my girlfriend killed herself...
It's almost surreal.

I was thinking the same.

Quote by dgonz

This isn't necessarily true.

What's important right now is to calm down about the whole issue and remember that you are human. I refuse to mindlessly throw around the word "inspiration" like so many others around here along with "emotion", but these two go in hand with the enjoyment of playing an instrument. I suggest that you attempt to learn something completely different from what you're used to playing, anything at all, even if at first you don't find it appealing. Learn some classical guitar. In the mean time, if you're serious about playing, make an effort to just pick up the guitar at least a few times a week so as not to lose what you've learned. Relax, it'll be OK.
Quote by RealGuitarHero

Dude... that is heavy.

Anyways in the years I've been playing I've sometimes taken breaks where I haven't even looked at my guitar for months. Now I'm more addicted then ever before, just give it a break until the thrill comes back into playing.

What the hell?!

In relation to the thread:
Let the feeling come back to you! If you don't want to play, don't force yourself to.
Derp.
Maybe you could treat yourself to a new bit of gear, like a new pedal or pickup.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by RealGuitarHero

....Wow....just wow....really irrelevant. And way too much information buddy.
I don't know what you have or have not done on the guitar, but I think that a lot of musician's go through this. If you were a serious musician before, then it's probably just a phase. I was kinda in that same rut, and the solution for me is trying new things. I just started taking lessons again, and just going outside of the box with my playing.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by Page&HammettFan
I don't know what you have or have not done on the guitar, but I think that a lot of musician's go through this. If you were a serious musician before, then it's probably just a phase. I was kinda in that same rut, and the solution for me is trying new things. I just started taking lessons again, and just going outside of the box with my playing.

yeah im gonna start lessons again.
Don't worry about it. Dry spells happen. Do something else that feeds your soul and come back to your instrument when you're ready.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
Quote by muse-ik
hahaha... write a song about it. it could be the next fade to black (i have lost my will to live)

It could go like this

"I have lost the will to play..."
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest