I was thinking of upgrading and I was trying to decide to get new pickups or upgrade my guitar. I'm kinda leaning towards pickups just because I don't want to shell out the cash right now for a new guitar. I've got an epiphone les paul classic and I play on a line-6 spider II. I play punk and a lot of classic rock stuff too so what pickups should i get? If I were to get a new guitar I'd probably get a gibson SG.

Also this is my first post.
Ya just lost your right to sell Miller Highlife is what'cha did.
Quote by SouthJerseySurf
I was thinking of upgrading and I was trying to decide to get new pickups or upgrade my guitar. I'm kinda leaning towards pickups just because I don't want to shell out the cash right now for a new guitar. I've got an epiphone les paul classic and I play on a line-6 spider II. I play punk and a lot of classic rock stuff too so what pickups should i get? If I were to get a new guitar I'd probably get a gibson SG.

Also this is my first post.

Get a new amp before you upgrade your guitar or pickups. Most of your tone comes from your amp. Seeing how you're able to afford a Gibson SG, I'd say go for a nice tube amp.

Do you plan on gigging anytime soon?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
well, if you're contented with the way your guitar feels and plays, and you feel like the sound is the only thing you'd be upgrading for, then pickups would be a better option. for punk music and classic rock, i've heard good things about the Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB and SH-2 Jazz combo, which you can find at musiciansfriend.com for around $130.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
I would do neither. How about a new amp? If you upgrade your pickups, you won't see much of an improvement in tone when you're playing through a Spider II.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
You probably don't want to hear this, but a new guitar or pickups won't do anything for your tone. A new amp is in order. Try for a small tube combo since you play punk and classic rock. Your current guitar is actually pretty nice if setup properly.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I agree, new amp.

Your guitar isn't bad by any means, but the Spider isn't that great, and certainly not great for classic rock.

I have to disagree with ya there, the spider in my opinion is terrible.Our school bought a spider III 30w, and its BAD, but its just an opinion though, no hard feelings

If you want a better tone, get a new amp.Its been said before, and i'll say it again. Most of your tone comes from your amp, not your guitar/pickups.

Budget? Gigging?
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

i'd get a new amp, or you could split the gibson budget 50:50 between new guitar and amp, if you so wish.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Definitely a new amp man. Amp>Guitar
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Okay thanks for the input, If i'll look into getting an amp. I'm not really gigging at the moment but I'd like to in the near future, I'd probably spend at max 400 bucks what are some good options?
In the back of my mind I kinda figured it was the amp anyway because I bought it a while a go when I really didn't know ****.
For your style of music, try a Fender Blues Junior or an Epiphone Valve Junior. Combine one of those amps with a good OD and you should get all the tones you need.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Quote by eggo_boi_15
I have to disagree with ya there, the spider in my opinion is terrible.Our school bought a spider III 30w, and its BAD, but its just an opinion though, no hard feelings

Huh? He said the amp was bad, not good.

Yes, new amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ok I'm leaning towards getting the fender blues junior, whats a good overdrive pedal for it? Also what do you think i can sell my spider II for?